General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power windows going down by themselves

Old 03-23-2007, 12:48 PM
jlthunder
Unregistered
Default Power windows going down by themselves

OK, my first post here. My in-laws have an 06 Accord VP. Every so often when they come back to their car, they find all of the windows open about an inch. They took it back to the dealer and they "fixed" it. It happened again and this time, they couldn't close any window except the drivers(yes, they did check the lock out button). They are afraid to take the car anywhere where they need to lock it since anyone can open the door if the windows open by themselves. They are senior citizens and they have owned 5 other Honda's and this is the first problem they can't figure out. It is currently back at the dealer. Any help here would be great.

Thanks

Old 03-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Default RE: Power windows going down by themselves

Okay don't take this personally but has anyone actually watched the car and seen the windows all of the sudden just go down or did they just walk back to the car and notice they were open? I will admit it's a very strange issue and I don't know how it could even possibly occur unless someone was rolling them down a bit and didn't notice that they had.... bad switches maybe.... does it happen every time or just on occasion?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:59 PM
jlthunder
Unregistered

Don't worry, I don't take it personally. I belong to the Saab('01 9-5)and Opel('72Opel GT)forum groups and I know people are just trying to help and want to get as much info as possible.

OK, here are the answers. They walk away from the car with the windows closed. When they return, all windows are down about 1". It only happens on occasion. I didn't believe them until it happened multiple times. They said it has happend 10 times. Luckly it never happened when it was raining.

I just got off the phone with my in-laws and the dealer is going to replace another part but he did not specify which part it is.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:07 PM

to be honest with you I'm kinda stumped.... I wrote it off as someone forgetting to roll up the windows.... hopefully one of the master techs will stop by in a minute... weird.... let us know what was replaced when you find out....

Old 03-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i have never heard of that before, could be a regulator but car still under warranty have the dealer deal with it to your satisfaction

Old 03-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

The keyless entryfobs have a 'vent' mode that opens the windows when the unlock is pressed 3 times. It is for clearing super hot air out in the summer time.
Keep the key out of a pocket or purse where the button might be pressed by accident, or maybe the malfunction is in the multiplex control unit?

Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: hondadude

The keyless entryfobs have a 'vent' mode that opens the windows when the unlock is pressed 3 times. It is for clearing super hot air out in the summer time.
Cool!!! Is that just on the accords?

Old 03-28-2007, 05:35 PM
jlthunder
Unregistered

Just an update. No news from the dealer yet. I didn't forget you guys!

Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM

Wow! almost a week now and still no news.... thanks for the update I'm just suprised that they haven't fixed it yet...

Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
jlthunder
Unregistered

OK, I was over at the in-laws to see what was replaced. The dealer replaced the switch pack(on drivers door) for the windows. This didn't resolve the problem. They then replaced the fuse box. So far, so good. No windows going down.

I tried the vent mode. Press the unlock button twice and hold it on the second push and the windows went down. It also worked on my Sister-in-laws '06 Accord Hybrid. This feature is explained in the owners manual in the window section of the manual.

If this happens again, I will update the thread.

Jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power windows going down by themselves