Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

1994 Honda Accord LX Windshield molding replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 11:50 AM
Default 1994 Honda Accord LX Windshield molding replacement

I'm in the process of swapping out my windshield wiper transmission since the bearings went out, and figured I should change out the ****ty trim around the windshield while the cover is off and I'm making it look/work more spiff. Trouble is, I can't seem to find these parts anywhere online short of buying an entire car for parts! I also don't want to pay a mint at the local salvage yard for a seemingly rare piece if I can help it. Has anyone done this replacement and have any advice on how to find said piece / or replace with a comprable item, such as a simple rubber trim (like on the rear glass)? Specifically I'm looking to replace the "R/L side molding":

I figure I should mention that these parts are needing full replacement because the rubber on them is totally shot. Even if I just made the exposed metal/plastic trim black again, I don't think there'd be a remotely useful seal (even though there obviously hasn't been one for ages anyways). Thanks!

Old 10-13-2019, 08:43 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Is this what you're looking for?

left

Right

Old 10-08-2021, 08:00 AM
Default Front windshield molding deteriorating on '96 Accord

The windshield molding (left and right sections) are also deteriorating on my '96 Accord. OEM parts are not available anymore and I too was wondering if there was an aftermarket rubber trim, the same as the rear glass. Honda changed the front windshield molding on the 6th generation (98-02) Accords to a solid rubber molding, but a body shop owner said that rubber molding will not fit the front windshield for 94-97 Accords. Specifically looking to replace the R/L side molding.

Originally Posted by hondalx1994
I'm in the process of swapping out my windshield wiper transmission since the bearings went out, and figured I should change out the ****ty trim around the windshield while the cover is off and I'm making it look/work more spiff. Trouble is, I can't seem to find these parts anywhere online short of buying an entire car for parts! I also don't want to pay a mint at the local salvage yard for a seemingly rare piece if I can help it. Has anyone done this replacement and have any advice on how to find said piece / or replace with a comprable item, such as a simple rubber trim (like on the rear glass)? Specifically I'm looking to replace the "R/L side molding":

I figure I should mention that these parts are needing full replacement because the rubber on them is totally shot. Even if I just made the exposed metal/plastic trim black again, I don't think there'd be a remotely useful seal (even though there obviously hasn't been one for ages anyways). Thanks!

Old 12-10-2023, 08:16 PM
Juj
Default What did you end up doing?

I have the same troubles, please advise!

Old 12-11-2023, 08:02 AM

I took my '96 Accord to a local auto glass service store and they replaced the old Honda windshield molding with a solid rubber molding on the top and sides. Looks excellent. Check with one of your local auto glass service stores to see if they can do the same thing with your 5th Gen Accord (94-97).