Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Accord 02 ex headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by crispin
K_H_A

I think the mod'ed stock ones look much better - IMO

I also have the JDM / halo style on mine, and while they look good the beam pattern on the HID low beams is horrible.
Did you read where I wrote this like 3 posts up???

Those are so bad they should be illegal to sell.

They are 100% crap and I wish I did not own them.

I will say the high beams in them are great, I try to drive at night using the high beams as much as possible.

If you buy those you are un-smart as you have been warned, they are junk and can likely cause you to wreck your car or hurt someone.

BTW I have HIDs in the low beams and still cannot see.

Last edited by crispin; 05-06-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:15 PM

so you can see for yourself, I have 100% the same junk lights that you linked except I bought mine for $30 in CL

Name:  101_3364.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  87.1 KB

Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Silence07617
thanks guys! i don't know much about cars so is TYC a brand or how do I look up finding them?
As far as the TYC ones, just look it up on google. they have a website but I don't think you'll find them there.. here's a few links

98-02 Honda Accord Projector Headlights - Chrome by TYC :: Accord :: Honda :: Lighting - Projector Headlights :: Dash Z Racing

http://www.dashzracing.com/98-02-hon...0-6103-45.html

One is black housed, the other is chrome..

if not, 6thgenaccord.com, sign up, check their for sale/trade section and you'll find tons of retrofits..

Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 PM

Did you read where I wrote this like 3 posts up???

Those are so bad they should be illegal to sell.

They are 100% crap and I wish I did not own them.

I will say the high beams in them are great, I try to drive at night using the high beams as much as possible.

If you buy those you are un-smart as you have been warned, they are junk and can likely cause you to wreck your car or hurt someone.

BTW I have HIDs in the low beams and still cannot see.
Yea, I'm not getting it. I was just looking at it in before but after I read this forum I'm going to buy the TYC one. Thanks for letting me know

Old 05-08-2012, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
As far as the TYC ones, just look it up on google. they have a website but I don't think you'll find them there.. here's a few links

98-02 Honda Accord Projector Headlights - Chrome by TYC :: Accord :: Honda :: Lighting - Projector Headlights :: Dash Z Racing

98-02 Honda Accord Projector Headlights - Black by TYC :: Accord :: Honda :: Lighting - Projector Headlights :: Dash Z Racing

One is black housed, the other is chrome..

if not, 6thgenaccord.com, sign up, check their for sale/trade section and you'll find tons of retrofits..
Thanks! I think I'm going to get the black one. Do you know if I will need to buy HID or does this come with it?

Old 05-09-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Silence07617
Thanks! I think I'm going to get the black one. Do you know if I will need to buy HID or does this come with it?
I am pretty sure they come with regular halogens, not HIDs.. If you want the HIDs, you'll probably have to buy them separately..

Old 05-09-2012, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
I am pretty sure they come with regular halogens, not HIDs.. If you want the HIDs, you'll probably have to buy them separately..
Thanks grim for the info. I'll looking into it.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Make sure you report back how crappy the TYC's are after you spend $165 for them and take off your bumper to install them.

Those are the same crap as the other ones, no different in quality.

I would gladly bet you $50 that you will see less of the road with your new headlights then you saw with the factory ones.

The only thing to do is what K_H_A showed which is pull apart your factory headlights and modify them.

You are making a mistake.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:13 PM

Look how nice the modified factory ones look (and they cost $0 cause you already own them)

Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 PM

Look how nice the modified factory ones look (and they cost $0 cause you already own them)

I do like how they look, but the only problem is I know nothing about modding or anything that's related about taking car parts apart. Is there any at all that's already made that I could buy? Anything where I don't have to mod? After I buy it, I was going to bring it to a friend to have him install it since he works at auto shop but I'm sure he wouldn't know how to modify it....

Quick Reply: Accord 02 ex headlights