Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Default RE: Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

I am not crazy about the 03-05 coupes. Theyre kinda ugly imo unless they have the hfp kit. The 06-07 coupes r the best looking. They look good with or without the kit

Old 01-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: jblaust

Falkore I hope your not comparing the new accords center console to your"superior"cheap looking wood kit you have in your car and that cheap looking double din pioneer head unit. Your dual exhaust is kind of looking a little over the top too.
You can think what you want about my car although your personal remarks are not very nice. Next time you are driving at night and want to change the radio station, try not to run your new expensive car into a wall because you have to look at it for 10 minutes to find a preset. I like the overall look of the car, but the parts mentioned are disgusting and destroy any appeal that the car has for me. With that new steering wheel, did they add a pulse monitor? It looks like they stole those panels off of the eliptical machine that I use.

Also, you are the first person that has mentioned that you don't like my wood kit. My exhaust is "over the top"? It's the same design that a huge portion of this forum is using, so you are telling everyone that has an SP2 or a WS2 exhaust that it doesn't look good. I may be wrong, but I think your opinions of "taste" are in the minority here.

To reiterate, if they wanted to build a car with every exterior styling cue from Acura's, why is this car not an Acura? Oh, and congradulations on making an extra 28 HP with an extra half liter ...... big deal, so the HP per Liter is less than the previous model. Now that's forward thinking!

EDIT: Just took a look at some more pics ...... is that cheap formica looking aluminum what you love about this interior? If it weren't for the aluminum, the interior is just boreing, with it it's a joke!

If this is what you like, great, enjoy. IMO, the designer should be shot for endangering the lives of everyone on the road around this POS.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:34 PM

Somebody would have to be retarded to take 10 mins to find a preset in the new accord. For 1 thepresets are all in the thumb control on the steering wheel and arent hard to find on the radio. I think you are just quick to hate because you are one of many people who get set in there ways and dont like change. Have you ever evendriven the new accord or even really sat in one with the ignition on where you could make these assumptions?You probably said the same thing about the 7th gen when it came out too.You dont have to hate on the new model just cause you have the old one and think its better. Yes the wood looks cheap. Its a feeble attempt to try and make the accord look more luxury. Kind of like how you think my cars center console looks like @$$ and puke mixed together???? The big dual exhaust on the accord looks ricey and by the way its an automatic accord not a race car. No matter what you do to it to get your extra hp you still have a crappy honda automatic tansmission. The Automatic tranny in any honda is meant to take kids to school and soccer practice. If you want performance you have to go witha manual tranny and upgrade the clutch kit.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:37 PM

I think you are just looking for reasons to say your car is better than the newest model for one reason or another. Cant you come up with a better reason than the stereo pre-set buttons?

Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM

Im the first person to mention it because no body has the ***** to tell you what they really think. I dont think it matters what i say to you because based on some of your other posts Ive read you already have everything figured out. Your one of those know it all people that nobody can tell you anything tobecause you think you already know everything.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:50 PM

Somebody would have to be retarded to take 10 mins to find a preset in the new accord. For 1 thepresets are all in the thumb control on the steering wheel and arent hard to find on the radio. I think you are just quick to hate because you are one of many people who get set in there ways and dont like change. Have you ever evendriven the new accord or even really sat in one with the ignition on where you could make these assumptions?You probably said the same thing about the 7th gen when it came out too.You dont have to hate on the new model just cause you have the old one and think its better. Yes the wood looks cheap. Its a feeble attempt to try and make the accord look more luxury. Kind of like how you think my cars center console looks like @$$ and puke mixed together???? The big dual exhaust on the accord looks ricey and by the way its an automatic accord not a race car. No matter what you do to it to get your extra hp you still have a crappy honda automatic tansmission. The Automatic tranny in any honda is meant to take kids to school and soccer practice. If you want performance you have to go witha manual tranny and upgrade the clutch kit.
Ok, let's look at the picture ..... the steering wheel is too cluttered also now that you mention it. Hmm ..... hate because I'm set in my ways and don't like change ..... that assumes that you know, well ..... anything about me and this is simply not true. Have I ever driven one, no; I don't like it so why would I waste my time taking one for a test drive. I have played with it's toys and I think that the controls suck. Think what you want about my wood kit, but it is not an attempt to do anything but look the way that it does. The big dual exhaust bothers you? Well it wasn't my decision to make the car have 2 mufflers, but IMO it looks better than 1. Also, the mufflers have a 105mm tip which is smaller than many others, IMO it's a good fit. I've never claimed that the tranny in a 6th gen V6 is anything but a POS, so try bashing something else. Also, I've said a few times that Accords are not fast cars ..... even the new ones. IMO if you are not doing better than 14 seconds on a quarter, you are not in a fast car. Granted that the new V6 is getting close, but then again so is everything else. We were talking about the appearance though right?

Old 01-10-2008, 03:51 PM

Im the first person to mention it because no body has the ***** to tell you what they really think. I dont think it matters what i say to you because based on some of your other posts Ive read you already have everything figured out. Your one of those know it all people that nobody can tell you anything tobecause you think you already know everything.
Still assuming that you know me ..... go on.

And for the record, I think that Smag's White 2007 V6 manual was the best Accord made so far in the appearance category. The radio is just a PITA to upgrade.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:58 PM

I just realized ..... now you are assuming what EVERYONE thinks. Are you psychic?

Hey look!!!! I found something that we agree on!!!! My radio was cheap!!!! It came with the car ..... and for the record has gotten many compliments as well, but it wouldn't have been my first choice.

The new Accord CoupeOWNS all other gens. Hands down. People just dont like knowing theircar is now yesterday's news and have a hard time getting used to new things/styles.
So EVERYONE else's opinion is wrong.

Wait until some aftermarket parts start comming out for the new Coupe and weseesome nice modded ones.
Like mufflers??? You don't like performance exhausts, remember?

People's Tune will change.
So you acknowlege that people don't like it.

I personally think the 7th gen looks like a spaceship and never liked it.
So you can have opinions, but I can't?

I get nothing but positive feedback about my 08 coupe 6 spd. Anybody who see's it in person loves it.
Doesn't this contradict the statement above that eventually people will like it?

As soon as a decent drop kit is available it will be lowered and then its GAME OVER!
So no clutch kit now?

I think the interior looks awesome in the car and so does everyone who has seen it.
I've seen the car and I think the parts that I mentioned look like crap.

You cant judge this car by pictures it doesnt photograph well and only looks good in certain colors.
As we all know, cameras lie, so we should all just take your word for it. I don't think so.

Also, your prized "clutch kit" may make the clutch feel a bit tighter, but it doesn't do a whole lot for performance. If you want to make the car faster, you might want to focus a little more on the flywheel rather than the clutch.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:19 PM

I second on falklores car. I used to own a 1999 ex-l v-6 sedan and it was a great car to own. The reason u say its ugly, cheesy or whatever is bc its style is outdated. Regardless I still think its a nice looking car. The only reason I no longer have one is bc hurricane katrina destroyed it. I now own a silver 07 accord coupe and I'll tell u now the 7th and probaly 6th gen accords r more than likely faster than their counter parts. The sad thing is the 8th gens r no faster if not slower. I read that the 08 v6 only gets 205 off the dyno which is only 10 more than the 07 v6 gets. No word on the 6 mt yet but the 0-60 time is slower than the 07 mt. No offense though. The 08 looks good but theyre not as fast as good as they look. I think they look too sporty for their speed. Again don't get me wrong. I like the new 08 but its not my style. I'm gonna be ready to leave my bro in the dust when he gets his 08 coupe

Old 01-10-2008, 04:31 PM

Yeah the exhaust is really similar to the majority of the aftermarket exhausts we all use.. such as my Greddy SP2....

If you don't like it, then there's something broken in your brain as they're the best performing cat-backs for our cars, regardless of generation. They're not too big, but not dinky looking like stock exhausts... I'm not a fan of the dual tips, but don't mind the dual muffler. I still prefer a single though...

I like the 8th gen exterior, but the interior as stated is too mashed up. Too many buttons!! If anything, the nav screen could also be a touchscreen menu system so that you have a simplified and very navigable menu system. Being 2008, we'd expect to see a dramatic improvement in UI, and being a geek I expect to see more and more electronics assisting with the menial tasks...

The whole nav button section at the bottom of the center console could be removed, and made as part of the nav screen.....

Also, this is just me.. i've always hated cars with those little VFD sections that do nothing more than state the time and possibly temperature.. especially when they're a large as they are on that pic posted.. it just looks tacky...

Just curious about your statement earlier, you mentioned "Once they are lowered and have a body kit/spoiler they look nice."... Then later you mention the exhaust looks ricey... How is a body kit and spoiler NOT ricey? At least the exhaust gives some performance gain...

And the wood trim, yeah does look a bit dark in the pictures; but that's how it goes in pictures... I can imagine it'd look much better in person.. And because of that, I also do think that it does increase the "luxury" look for the car... But isn't that why we do mods to our cars? To make them cooler, the way we want them? You can't hate because of that, especially just because you think it looks like crap... It's not a functional piece, it's visual, and personally I am jealous of it!

I don't think the personal attacks are going to really help you win any arguments... All he (and myself) are saying is that the dash is crowded... if there were an alternate dash you could get, I'd love the 8th gen in an instant (already kinda do regardless)..

to each his own

Quick Reply: Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan