Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Default RE: Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

ORIGINAL: falkore24

ORIGINAL: jblaust

Im the first person to mention it because no body has the ***** to tell you what they really think. I dont think it matters what i say to you because based on some of your other posts Ive read you already have everything figured out. Your one of those know it all people that nobody can tell you anything tobecause you think you already know everything.
I just realized ..... now you are assuming what EVERYONE thinks. Are you psychic?

Hey look!!!! I found something that we agree on!!!! My radio was cheap!!!! It came with the car ..... and for the record has gotten many compliments as well, but it wouldn't have been my first choice.

The new Accord CoupeOWNS all other gens. Hands down. People just dont like knowing theircar is now yesterday's news and have a hard time getting used to new things/styles.
So EVERYONE else's opinion is wrong.

Ok maybe I was over stating my opinion. I was just annoyed with older gen accord owners bashing. You mainly only hear the bashing from older Honda owners who cant get used to the new look and you usually only hear it here online. In the real world people pull me over on the street to compliment the car some people dont even know its an accord.

Wait until some aftermarket parts start comming out for the new Coupe and weseesome nice modded ones.
Like mufflers??? You don't like performance exhausts, remember?

I was talking aboutcoil overs / suspension. The8th gen'sbiggest downfall is that huge gap in the wheel wells. I would def free up some of that restriction in the exhaust (eliminate the cat completly and the resonators)I just wouldnt put 2 huge chrome cans at the back of the car.

People's Tune will change.

again talking about older gen accord owners who are bashing like you. Not people in general.
So you acknowlege that people don't like it.

I personally think the 7th gen looks like a spaceship and never liked it.
So you can have opinions, but I can't?

I dont like the 7th gen stock, However I do like it modded with body kit, rims,and lowered.

I get nothing but positive feedback about my 08 coupe 6 spd. Anybody who see's it in person loves it.
Doesn't this contradict the statement above that eventually people will like it?

No....It means internet haters like you who probably have barely seen one in person. Let alone...one that is hooked up. As matter of fact a local forum Im on I got similar feedback about my original pics of the car. When I went to the local get together / BBQ and they saw it in person the car was the center of attention when i pulled up.

As soon as a decent drop kit is available it will be lowered and then its GAME OVER!
So no clutch kit now?

No clutch kit for me. Im not trying to be speed racer.

I think the interior looks awesome in the car and so does everyone who has seen it.
I've seen the car and I think the parts that I mentioned look like crap.

Ive seen your cars photos and DITTO. You should be one to talk. LOL.

You cant judge this car by pictures it doesnt photograph well and only looks good in certain colors.
As we all know, cameras lie, so we should all just take your word for it. I don't think so.

OK...well I dont like my own photos. Or any other photos of the car for that matter. I personally think it looks better in person. It looks best in Silver, White, or black. Red is ugly and that seems to be what Honda is advertising. See above statement....

Also, your prized "clutch kit" may make the clutch feel a bit tighter, but it doesn't do a whole lot for performance. If you want to make the car faster, you might want to focus a little more on the flywheel rather than the clutch.

If i was going to change the clutch a lightened flywheel and ARP Flywheel bolts would be part of the package. This will stay an everyday driver though so that is not in the plan for my car.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: AxCxCxOxRxD

jblaust I think ur taking it too far. Falklore was stating his opinion on the 08 accord overall. He didnt point out any names. U act as if he called u out. Jus chill. Falklore is a really cool person.

And about ur bolt ons. It will not really give u 300. U see, u don't get 268 horses to the wheel. U probaly get about 245-255. U get 268 at the crank. The bolt ons will jus increase more power to the wheels I believe.
Your right...I believe the dyno results I saw online for the 6 speed coupe was 268 at the crank and 245 at the hubs. The automatic v6 was alot less though than stated by Honda though. Your right I probably did take it too far. I will back off now. Sorry Falkore. Have a good one!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: AxCxCxOxRxD

I second on falklores car. I used to own a 1999 ex-l v-6 sedan and it was a great car to own. The reason u say its ugly, cheesy or whatever is bc its style is outdated. Regardless I still think its a nice looking car. The only reason I no longer have one is bc hurricane katrina destroyed it. I now own a silver 07 accord coupe and I'll tell u now the 7th and probaly 6th gen accords r more than likely faster than their counter parts. The sad thing is the 8th gens r no faster if not slower. I read that the 08 v6 only gets 205 off the dyno which is only 10 more than the 07 v6 gets. No word on the 6 mt yet but the 0-60 time is slower than the 07 mt. No offense though. The 08 looks good but theyre not as fast as good as they look. I think they look too sporty for their speed. Again don't get me wrong. I like the new 08 but its not my style. I'm gonna be ready to leave my bro in the dust when he gets his 08 coupe
You are quoting dyno results for an automatic not the 6 speed manual which made exactly what it claims to make. I have already spanked up on a couple of 7th gen v6's coupes. I also beat a stock mustang, a stock srt 4 from rolling 2nd gear start, and destroyed 2 turbo jettas. Thats pretty good for a stock accord!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:35 PM

245 is about right. The automatic v6 makes 205hp while the 2007 makes 195. Both being auto. Well let's jus end this and like u said if we don't have anything good to say, don't say anything unless it's constructive criticism.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:38 PM

here is the link for the 8th gen 6speed independant dyno results. http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=719873

Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 PM

how can you argue with those stock #'s?

Old 01-10-2008, 07:46 PM

not bad. Have u broken in ur accord yet? U should make some 08 vids. For youtube since there isnt any except that concept one. Maybe a 0-60 video. Anyway they mentioned the tl-s a lot. U do know the 08 6mt accord engine=tl-s engine? Both r j35

Old 01-10-2008, 07:55 PM

Yeah i know...Yes the car is broken in. I have 2500 miles on it now. Im supposed to run a stock evo that called me out on a local forum. Ive bumped into the guy a few times at meets he has a nice car. Somebody is gonna video it. Whenever it goes down I will post the video Win or lose. Not sure how that one will turn out.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:04 PM

an evo eh? Well v6 6mt vs i4 5mt. Race him on the interstate. u will be able to top him out. I'd like to see this

Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 PM

Iwill let you know how it turns out. Maybe I can engage the warp drive on my spaceship center console that nobody seems to like here.

Quick Reply: Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan