Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Default RE: Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan

by the way I dont have the navi like the pic Falkore posted. So my console and steering wheelis a little less cluttered than that. I went with the portable navi instead and saved a few grand.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:10 PM

my friend just got the '08 coupe, but he hasnt driven it to school yet. when he does, im gonna race him to see the difference to the 7th gen. that will be fun. and IMO, i like the 7th gen coupes' styling the best out of any accord, specifically the '06-'07 models.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:56 PM

Same here. The 03-05 coupes look weird without the kit. The front just has a weird face. The best thing that happened to the 06-07 accords were the facelift. I'm glad they did that to the coupes. Also for the back, the trunk looks ugly without a decklid. The curve just looks out of place. Sorry for those of u that own the 03-05 models but yeah.

06-07 are the best looking accords imo. i think they're considered the 7.5 gens. Accords Own if ur friend owns the i4, u will beat him without a doubt. if u do race him, record it dude. But I think u should wait til he's done with his break-in period first. if i had the 08 accord i wouldn't drive it to school either. there r ppl that fck ur car up. I found three small dents on my hood and some scuff marks. I'm gonna have all those touched up. As for the hood i'll probaly get a CF one.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:37 AM

Does he have the V6 coupe and is it Auto Or Manual?

Old 01-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

hmmm ..... well, I agree that the new sedan doesn't look good in Red, but I think the coupe is ok. I don't really like white on either version, but it's not that bad. I like silver the best on the sedan and black on the coupe.

jblaust: Can you post a pic of the non-nav interior? All I can find on the net & of the 4 I've seen in person, all had navigation.

As for my car, it really doesn't bother me that you don't like it. You are free to have your opinion as I am. I never claimed that my car is a racecar or anything, I just like to do mods as my hobby and coincidentally the car has become noticably faster. If you don't think that dropping a full second on the car's 0-60 time is worth anything, great. It was worth it to me, and I had fun working on this car ..... for the most part, corroded & rusted bolts always suck. The transmission has always been the reason that I haven't made any real power upgrades to this car .... the engine can handle about 600 HP with some tweaking ..... aka micropolishing the crank, forged pistons and rods, upgraded valves, springs, lifters and rockers. If I had a 6MT, I likely would have built this motor to put out about 450HP making about 350 at the wheels.

Regarding your comments about me thinking that I know everything ..... ummm, no. I readily admit that there are people here and elsewhere that know more about any kind of topic. You said that you read a few of my posts; in those you should notice that I talk about the likelyhood of something being caused by whatever faulty part. I take great care to not talk in absolutes or definates because first of all, I cannot inspect the car first hand and also because anomalies are always a possibility. I feel that anyone that focuses on a primary topic as their job/career is more of an expert on their topic than anyone less focused on that topic. Does that make them always right? Of course not, but I'd expect that person to be right more often than a non-expert. I am not an auto expert. On the other hand, I have done a ton of reading on cars, repairs, common problems, etc. and expect that I've read more than most people. In addition, I have been working on cars for the past 13 years, have studied and designed engines in college and have done some active fuel control work on the Joint Strike Fighter's engine (10 stage compression, 3 stage turbine jet with augmenter/after-burner). As a Mechanical Engineer, I have a general knowlege of most of physics with a more indepth knowlege of machine design, parts design, stress/fatigue, part production and metalurgy. As an HVAC designer, I am considered an expert in airflow and heat transfer. I try to offer help and advice on mechanical issues and sometimes electrical as well. I try to stay away from appearance discussions because I really am not concerned with other people's opinions on looks and also don't often share my opinions on the topic.

One thing that I thought of in the shower this morning -- You think my intent is was to make a family sedan into a racecar, but did you notice the name of the car is Grandma's Grocery Getter ..... 3G?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:25 AM

someone close this thread.. this is stupid.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:52 AM

....... and no longer has anything to do with a comparison of the '08 coupe to the sedan.

Spaz, can't you hack in and do it for Angelo?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:27 AM

I've gone the way of John Connor.. I only hack for the greater good.. or something... wait.. nm he was banned from computers...

well.. then.. i only hack to take down large corporations and bring the world to a crumble.... yeaahhh...

Old 01-11-2008, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

hmmm ..... well, I agree that the new sedan doesn't look good in Red, but I think the coupe is ok. I don't really like white on either version, but it's not that bad. I like silver the best on the sedan and black on the coupe.

jblaust: Can you post a pic of the non-nav interior? All I can find on the net & of the 4 I've seen in person, all had navigation.

As for my car, it really doesn't bother me that you don't like it. You are free to have your opinion as I am. I never claimed that my car is a racecar or anything, I just like to do mods as my hobby and coincidentally the car has become noticably faster. If you don't think that dropping a full second on the car's 0-60 time is worth anything, great. It was worth it to me, and I had fun working on this car ..... for the most part, corroded & rusted bolts always suck. The transmission has always been the reason that I haven't made any real power upgrades to this car .... the engine can handle about 600 HP with some tweaking ..... aka micropolishing the crank, forged pistons and rods, upgraded valves, springs, lifters and rockers. If I had a 6MT, I likely would have built this motor to put out about 450HP making about 350 at the wheels.

Regarding your comments about me thinking that I know everything ..... ummm, no. I readily admit that there are people here and elsewhere that know more about any kind of topic. You said that you read a few of my posts; in those you should notice that I talk about the likelyhood of something being caused by whatever faulty part. I take great care to not talk in absolutes or definates because first of all, I cannot inspect the car first hand and also because anomalies are always a possibility. I feel that anyone that focuses on a primary topic as their job/career is more of an expert on their topic than anyone less focused on that topic. Does that make them always right? Of course not, but I'd expect that person to be right more often than a non-expert. I am not an auto expert. On the other hand, I have done a ton of reading on cars, repairs, common problems, etc. and expect that I've read more than most people. In addition, I have been working on cars for the past 13 years, have studied and designed engines in college and have done some active fuel control work on the Joint Strike Fighter's engine (10 stage compression, 3 stage turbine jet with augmenter/after-burner). As a Mechanical Engineer, I have a general knowlege of most of physics with a more indepth knowlege of machine design, parts design, stress/fatigue, part production and metalurgy. As an HVAC designer, I am considered an expert in airflow and heat transfer. I try to offer help and advice on mechanical issues and sometimes electrical as well. I try to stay away from appearance discussions because I really am not concerned with other people's opinions on looks and also don't often share my opinions on the topic.

One thing that I thought of in the shower this morning -- You think my intent is was to make a family sedan into a racecar, but did you notice the name of the car is Grandma's Grocery Getter ..... 3G?

Falkore I apologize to you for talking so much crap. I was just annoyed because I felt like you were bashing the new accord. I really dont dislike your car that much. It doesnt look bad. I apologize for getting so off topic. You are very informative and seem to be intelligent too.

"Cant we all just get along?"

Old 01-11-2008, 03:29 PM

At least we brought some life into the forum. Sometimes you got to stir the crap to get things moving.

Quick Reply: Accord Coupe Ranked Higher Than Sedan