Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Best kind of wax for Hondas

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 10:40 PM
06hondaSE
Unregistered
Default Best kind of wax for Hondas

Hey,

I just bought a new 2006 Honda Accord SE. First Honda ever, and I really like it. I would like to wax it though, and the manuel doesn't specify any type of particular wax. I want to use something good that isn't going to damage the clear coat or streak it. Something non-abrasive as well. I have been readin about Zymol and Meguirs NXT but just not sure what is best. My car is dark (graphite pearl) so any streaking will certainly show? Any opinions, experiences?

Also, for the interior what do you use? I have always used Armor All, and never had a prob, but have heard negative things about this product? Is there a specific type of vinyl product that is best for Honda's?

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!

Old 04-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Best kind of wax for Hondas

ive used zymol and its works great and smells hella good too. ive used mothers, ive used meguirs, turtle wax. all of them work great. as long as you wax your car it will look good for a long time. just getting yourself to wax it is the hard part

Old 04-08-2006, 10:54 PM

What have you heard about Armor All? I've been using it (infact, just armor alled the Civic and the Accord yesterday) for a couple years now and never had any troubles.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:21 PM
06hondaSE
Unregistered

^Yes, I have always used Armor All and never had any probs, but I heard and read that it doesn't really have UV ray protection and the shine that it creates can absorb more sunlight harmful rays. But I don't know

Old 04-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yes thats correct. armor all will actually make your dash crack faster than if you didnt use anything. back in the day when they first came out they said that if you dash ever cracks they would replace it for free. it was crappy when everybodys dash started cracking and they had to pay out a bunch of money. they stopped saying that real quick

Old 04-09-2006, 04:18 AM
Administrator

Only Meguires has all the products that a person can use on their cars. They make every thing for anywheres on your ride and it all seems to work.

They get my vote for #1
WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-09-2006, 11:22 PM
drs
Unregistered

Congratulations on your purchase! I used mothers on my previous accord and I'm currently using it on my 2006 - it works well. I've heard good things about Meguires though I've never used it. I've been told by people in the detailing business to stay away from Armour All since it shortens the lifespan of whatever you put it on. I recently picked up a bottle of vinylex but haven't had time to detail the inside of the car.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:16 AM

My favorite is Wolfgang and 3M products. Incredible products, especially if you have to clay your car!

Old 04-10-2006, 09:31 AM

I use meguiars

Old 04-10-2006, 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: drs

Congratulations on your purchase! I used mothers on my previous accord and I'm currently using it on my 2006 - it works well. I've heard good things about Meguires though I've never used it. I've been told by people in the detailing business to stay away from Armour All since it shortens the lifespan of whatever you put it on. I recently picked up a bottle of vinylex but haven't had time to detail the inside of the car.
The reason that some armor all products are not good for your vehicle is that they are water based so when you apply them to a dash or something they evaporate fairly quickly and take the moisture with them... I myself would vote Meguires as well...

Quick Reply: Best kind of wax for Hondas