Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Changing headlight alone on an Accord 96?? Possible??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Default RE: Changing headlight alone on an Accord 96?? Possible??

AyashiFX55

I don't think that I will be able to make a video but I can give you a better descrpsion than I did before.

1. Open hood, remove 4 screws that hold the grill in place. (open space to work with)
2. locate all 4 nuts that hold each headlight in place. ( there will be two on top that are very visible, one near where the grill was located. and the last one is a little difficult but you can get to it. It is under the headlight, you can angle your hand in there to get it out.)
3. do the same to other headlight.
* with these being projector headlight I am assuming that you want the halos to come on when you put your park lights on, if this is the case you gonna need to do some rewiring.
you need to splice into the park lights and connect the wires that power the halos so once you turn on the park lights they will also come on.( this might be the hardest part you should let someone do it that knows a little about wiring just to be on the safe side.)
* for the regular ligths and high beams they should just as simple as putting the bulb in the socket and turning.
** if the headlights are one piece then you should connect the corners light before you try to put the whole headlight in.
4. Once all bulbs are in (AND WORKING) you should start with the bottom bolt first ten the side and lastly the top two. (DO NOT TIGHTEN ALL THE WAY YOU WILL NEED TO DO SOME UJUSTING) to make sure that your beam of light is strait, once youget desired look or angle ofactual light then tighten all screws.

It is not the best directions but I hope you can get it done. If this still does not help you might be able to find a video online. or if all else fails try the shop [:@][:'(]