Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Good set of Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Default RE: Good set of Headlights?

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

Real headlights....

[IMG]local://upfiles/127/3D8713D4EBFF45B59E3505C93EA15134.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry couldn't help myself. Sylvania seems to be the leader.
Are you sure they are real and not artificial? lol

Old 05-10-2007, 03:33 PM

ive got the "blue" Plasmaglow headlight bulbs. theyre not blue, but they are bright white and do set my car apart from others. they look like 5000k hid's. and yes plasmaglow IS a reliable and reputable brand. trust me here, ive used almost every kind of bulbs...knock off "hid", sylvania, cool blue, silverstar, plasmaglow, etc. the plasmaglows are the brightest and the cleanest white looking of them all. ill also be getting an HID conv. kit pretty soon here, most likely the 10000k brilliant blue kit.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-10-2007, 03:39 PM

Oh sweet deal man, yeah, what is a HID conversion kit, because I think I need to get one haha. I'm glad you know the brand, the guy at the local tuner shop recommended them, so I went off of his word lol. My bulbs are like blue too, but they shine pretty white with like a slight blueish tone. From outside though, they look white so I'm happy about that. What's a good HID conversion kit to get though, and how much are they?

Old 05-10-2007, 04:09 PM

i hope youre not thinking about just replacing the bulbs. you gotta replace the whole optics for it to work correctly. if you dont, the bright *** light will go everywhere and it will **** off everyone around you, and cops will pull you over. getting them retrofit is the only way it should be done. it will give you the "cutoff" you need to pass DMV inspection as well. this will keep the light on the road opposed to glaring all over the place. it isnt cheap, but i have a friend who does it for around $700 or so, with a few day turnaround depending on weather. price includes, shipping, all parts (TSX optics, ballasts, bulbs), and labor. these so-called "kits" are garbage and illegal.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:07 PM

What are optics? Also, I didn't know that the DMV guys tested your lights.... that's good to know lol. So how difficult is this to do? This retrofit conversion lol?

Old 05-11-2007, 01:48 AM

when he says optics he means the factory projector units from cars that have them like tsx or s2000. retrofitting is pretty much cutting a hole in your headlight or watever and mounting the projector units in your headlight. you also have to make adjust it to disply correctly. i wouldnt imagine it being very easy. the parts are pretty expensive too. if you have the money to do a retrofit the results are worth it.if youre like me and you want functional projectors that dont look like crap then you should retrofit. ebay projectors look like crap msot of the time and they dont have a cutoff like like factory projectors do. (or so i heard)

Old 05-11-2007, 03:32 AM

Hmm, I was originally thinking about going with some TYC projectors, do you know if they are any good? But then I changed my mind a while back, and wanted to go with a JDMish Skyline light emulation. The problem with that plan though, is that the lights I had wanted are only made for 5th gen Accords.... But now I don't know what I'm going to do... I just bought these Plasma Glow bulbs though, for my stock headlight fixtures, and I was wondering if I should run extra power to them because they are rated at a higher wattage than my stock housings are rated at...

Old 05-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Yeahh...and to think Honda could have equipped their 7th gens with projectors....I saw one on the latest version of the Camry and I immediately wondered why the Accord didn't have them. I guess that's what the 8th gen is for.

*needs to dig up 30 grand*

Old 05-11-2007, 10:21 PM

the higher wattage draws more power from the oem wires but that may het up the wires a bit there are like wire kits that help this though but im not too sure.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:41 AM

i hate blue headligths but yeha i got me some silver stars but i still think they suck im about to go and get me some jdm yellow lights they look nice and shines great but then agian it not really good when its raining