Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

halo legalitys

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Default halo legalitys

i live in illinois. my dad told me 14 states dont allow you to run halos on your headlights does anyone know what this is about or is my dad blowin smoke up my *** or what?

Old 12-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: halo legalitys

I've never heard of anything like that, and I dont know why the would be illegal, considering when your headlights are on you cant hardly see them. And BMWs come with them stock. Even if they were illegal I dont think you would actually get in trouble for them.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:45 PM

you would think that but i just got a ticket last week for a tassel hanging from my rearview mirror at night in a sleet storm. the cop seen it from 200 ft. so around here i wanna check b4 i hook them up ya know?

Old 12-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Susie_big_dog
Unregistered

You should find your answer with a little research of the regulations governing automobile lighting in North America.

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 (FMVSS 108) regulates all automotive lighting, signaling and reflective devices in the United States. Like all other Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, FMVSS 108 is administered by the United States Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

If it is DOT approved than it is legal, it says it on the housing. Thing is you have to take it off to look for the DOT approval, and a cop isn't going to look for it. That doesn't mean you won't get a ticket, cops don't know all the rules nor follow them to the book. They will give you the ticket, and you will have to go to court to prove they are DOT approved. But chances are the cop won't bother, but he may throw a ticket like that on top of somthing else but prolly won't pull you over just for them.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:49 PM

ok having said that i just got arrested the other day for a "revoked licence" when the guy didnt even run mine. they are all lookin for my car... i have been pulled over a few times... my car is marked and i know it. and suggestions for that? haha

Old 12-28-2008, 09:05 PM

You got arrested for a revoked license when he didn't run your license? Huh? Your dad is concerned about you driving with halos, and not that you have a revoked license. How did you even get it revoked at such a young age. Revoked is not suspended if you didn't know. Only suggestion for being less heated is smarten up and don't bring attention to yourself.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:20 PM

i ****ed up and got addicted to addrelin from driving fast... put it on a drag strip one time and got hooked... then got 2 wreakless endangerment tickes in one year. like a half an hour b4 i got my indiana licence i got the 2nd one... so my ill one would have been revoked if i still had it. ind dont really care untill i get anouther one. my name got spelled wrong... all 3 of them couldnt tell cuz my glasses broke. bad luck on my part the cop that arrested me thought my in one was a fake cuz my names were spelled wrong ran me as an il driver then arrested me. didnt even run my in one... pissed me off

Old 12-28-2008, 09:23 PM

Uhm.....Ok

Old 12-28-2008, 10:17 PM

What's with the influx of children lately? Make desperate attempts at showing off much? If I were you I wouldn't have a trace of aftermarket gear on my car, if you want to go fast make your car a sleeper. You obviously don't have the maturity to stay low key, so grow up or get used to spending the night locked up. It only took me once to get locked up to stop and completely change my life, and my problems weren't driving related. Oh and watch your mouth on these forums.

Quick Reply: halo legalitys