Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 06:01 AM
Default RE: HID conversion?

yeah, you got it. pretty much if you put hids in your car, you'll need to constantly keep your lights on when you drive. unless you have a manual switch to turn of your day time running lights.
I had an hid kit on my '04 corolla. now since i didn't have a manual overwrite to the DRL's I had to keep my headlights on. when i would forget to turn my lights on, they would blink as soon as i put the car in drive. so if your lowbeams are the same as drls and if you don't have a manual overwrite switch, go to an independent shop and get them turned off, cause honda won't touch that stuff since now it's a requirement that all new cars have drls.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:41 AM
dh324
Unregistered

Go to www.proxenon.com and check those kits out. I had them in my 99 bmw 328i 6000k system and it was awesome extremly bright and never had anyproblems with them. To this day i know the person who has it and there still using the same original bulbs which are going on 3 years now. I have them in my jeep grand cherokee now and im goin to get a set for my 06 accord i just picked up last week. The company was awesome to deal with as well stayed in contact through the whole order. highly recommend!!

Old 01-27-2006, 08:53 PM

yeah, you got it. pretty much if you put hids in your car, you'll need to constantly keep your lights on when you drive. unless you have a manual switch to turn of your day time running lights. I had an hid kit on my '04 corolla. now since i didn't have a manual overwrite to the DRL's I had to keep my headlights on. when i would forget to turn my lights on, they would blink as soon as i put the car in drive. so if your lowbeams are the same as drls and if you don't have a manual overwrite switch, go to an independent shop and get them turned off, cause honda won't touch that stuff since now it's a requirement that all new cars have drls.
My lowbeams are independent from my drl. Its the highbeams that are intergrated with my drl. Maybe I need to put a pic of my car up....that is if i do it right.

Thanks dh324 for the advice. Will be checking into those too.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2482/B60FDE5177854AD39E41AE7F7909502F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2006, 01:49 AM

ORIGINAL: lightshow

lol...the 8000's are really blue, blue like the light on the top of a police car. in az you would get pulled over for having them.
Holy crap! Really?! I had blue halogens on my Civic (yes, don't laugh.) for quite some time and never had a problem in AZ.
Hmm. Well luck for me

(oh yeah, I am new here too.)

Old 02-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

There are certain colors that are deemed illegal in most states, all those colors obviously have to do with police, ambulance, and firetrucks. Oh, and any form of strobe type lights. But a lot of ground effect kits are legal as long as you dont use the public service vehicle colors and as long as you can see the physical lighting from neons placed under a car. Most of that crap should be for show car conditions anyways.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Monchis
Unregistered

http://www.hondasuv.com/stg/viewtopic.php?t=14410

Take a look, and message me in that forum if your interested or contact me via msn
jr_haguilar@hotmail.com

Old 02-23-2006, 02:52 PM
dh324
Unregistered

I have the same car as you i just upgraded to his setup i bought from xenonpros.com for $284.00 shipped. All i can say is this kit is awesome. Kinda a pain in the *** to install you have to remove the fender liner on the drivers side to be able to see the bulb better off doing on a lift if you have that available to you i did cause i work at a honda dealership but other than that it went smooth. Your driving lamps will not be messed up like some people said and also your hid will not flicker like i read above. If you want to match the color somewhat so you driving lamps are not the stock yellow halogen color pick up a set of Sylvania Silverstars and those will be a whiter bulb...looks better i would do this at the same time your doing the hid install so you dont have to rip apart you car twice.....I got a 6000k kit made by mcculloch i am very happy with it however i did just get a set of 5000k bulbs i havent put in yet.

Old 02-23-2006, 06:53 PM

Thats a pretty good price that you paid for it 284 with shipping. I went to the site and they are running 3's without shipping. I am seriously thinking about changing them and using the mccullochs but i hesitated due to the information that was given to me about the flickering. If you have some pictures please post them, I would love to see your lights. =
So the brand sylvania silverstars are pretty good? Will they burn out quickly? thanks for your informative post.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:16 PM

yea if you get them on ebay you can easily get the hids for like 285 with shipping AND the extra wiring harness which i would really recommend. Sylvania has to be one of the best lighting companies out there and your OEM lights in your car are sylvanias right now, they are designed to last ten years or more. you should really get the 6000k mccullogh kit though your car would look awesome with it. the color is bright white with plenty of blue in it it is exactly the color your looking for. i just put the 6000k kit in my gf's sentra with yellow hid fogs its so sick ill try to take a picture of it here in the next day or two and ill send it to you. the hids are way better than the silverstars. they warm up when you first turn them on.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:17 PM

blah blah i could seriously go on and on about the lights. she can light up a poe poe from so damn far away it is just unresonable......and the lines and reflectors on the freeway jump up off the ground.

Quick Reply: HID conversion?