Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Hid installation help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Er... are you in Canada? We don't have DRLs here... BUT, part of my retro is using bi-xenon projectors, so I won't have any use for teh high beams, I'm thinking they're going to be some 3000k yellow DRLs, but I need to find lower wattage yellow bulbs.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:46 PM

I don't know the honda's well enough yet so i probrably mispoke regarding the drl's. All i know is that there are lights on during the day so they could be the parking lights for all i know.
Its a new york honda so its standard stuff for here.
Just wondere if they could be an hid replacement.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by raspantienator
I don't know the honda's well enough yet so i probrably mispoke regarding the drl's. All i know is that there are lights on during the day so they could be the parking lights for all i know.
Its a new york honda so its standard stuff for here.
Just wondere if they could be an hid replacement.

I've never heard of DRLs on a USDM 6th gen. HID DRLs would be pointless, they just ment to draw more attnetion to the car, not actually shine light in front. You'd be asking for a ticket in no time.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by finch13
I've never heard of DRLs on a USDM 6th gen
x2 because there are none!

Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 AM

if the lights that are on while driving the car during the day are not called daytime running lamps, then what do you call them?

whenever i start the car, these lights automatically come on. many cars have these in american...even chevy's. i would dissagree with them just drawing attention to the car as insurance rates decrease because of these. they are a safety thing.

omg is this a twighlight zone experience?

Old 03-21-2009, 04:14 PM

if the lights that are on while driving the car during the day are not called daytime running lamps, then what do you call them?

whenever i start the car, these lights automatically come on. many cars have these in american...even chevy's. i would dissagree with them just drawing attention to the car as insurance rates decrease because of these. they are a safety thing.

omg is this a twighlight zone experience?
I know tons of cars in the US have DRLs, BUT USDM 6th gens did not come with them, which is why I think you have a Canadian model Accord, because in Canada, DRLs are required.

Are they the lights nearest the grille or the fender in the headlight?

Old 03-21-2009, 06:59 PM

lol, is your speedomitor in km?

Old 03-21-2009, 11:22 PM
activeservo
Unregistered

do you have pictures of your projectors light output once they have been focused

Old 03-22-2009, 07:22 AM

They are the lights that are nearest the grill. They are a yellowish white when on.

A canadian car hugh. Wonder if the dealer knew that. Well- they build crown vics there and they are good cruisers.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:54 AM

They are the lights that are nearest the grill. They are a yellowish white when on.
Those are fog lights. You have a 6th gen with stock fogs? Something isn't adding up!!

Quick Reply: Hid installation help