Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID kit on 04 EX coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Default HID kit on 04 EX coupe

Yea, so my HIDs came in today, im hoping to have them in by this weekend, but i also have a fishing trip planned this weekend. Anyway im pumped about them. Im putting them in the stock housing, but im repainting the stocks black. Should look freaking sweet. Anyway, i have to get back to work. Will take tons-o-pics throughout the entire instal process. Also another piece of my stereo system came in today too, but thats another topic

Old 08-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Default RE: HID kit on 04 EX coupe

sounds awesome. i have 6000k in my stock chromes and they look really nice. what color did you get? may i suggest something ive seen before? paint your stock amber reflecter with a transparent red.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:12 PM

I got 8000K White. where did you mount the relay box thing? cause it say to mount it away from the engine. Got any pics of your lights on? Also how long would you say it took to put them in? Mind you i have the stock housings already off of the car. ive got projectors in there now.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:33 PM

i kinda took these pics blindly it was dark out and i was too lazy to grab a flashlight or the sort. my kit came with two bulbs two ballasts and a wiring harness that connects to one of the factory harnesses and the battery. im not sure if your kit is like mine but my ballasts have mounting brakets that extend a little so i mounted them somehwat hanging. oh and since your headlights are already out it might be easier to install the bulbs before to install the headlights. this way itll be easier for you to make sure the bulbs dont touch anything.

Name:  HPIM0904.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  46.2 KB
there should be a bolt that i think is for the radiator (cant remember/ cant see) theres s rubber shim? under it. i thin i used the radiator bolts on both sides.

Name:  HPIM0905.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  57.8 KB
youre gonna have to remove the plastic intake cover/guard whatever it is to get to the radiator bolt on the driver side.

Name:  HPIM0911.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  34.3 KB
best i could to to get hte true color of it. your 8000k is going to be alot bluer

it really doesnt take long at all it took me a while because me and my bro who bought the hids for me for christmas know nothing about working on cars. and we had to look around for a suitable spot and we figured those spots had enough space. and for some reason we had a good bit of trouble gettin the bolt back in straight.

and btw dont believe those dates in the pics i really did take them today

Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 AM

that color looks awsome, how long have you had them in? I ran into a little trouble lastnight with part of the housing breaking off, but god bless JB weld. Ive got a little more sanding to do before i hit it with the final coat of black and seal the housing back together. Thx for the pics

Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 PM

i had them in since like last christmas and i absolutely love them. makes you stand out on te road (sometimes not the greatest - cops)

good luck with your project i cant wait to see it

Old 09-22-2007, 10:29 AM

Your HID's were put in the stock housing? I was informed that the stock housing wasn't capable of holding that heat. Please inform me, I'm very interested in doing an HID job just like yours but with 8000K. If I were to get them I was thinking about getting them off of www.plasmagarage.co

I was also considering getting the halo's off of ebay and putting HID's in those if that would work, please give advice..im such a noob

Old 09-22-2007, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: VK16

Your HID's were put in the stock housing? I was informed that the stock housing wasn't capable of holding that heat.
x2...i thought you have to get aftermarket housing for those kind of bulbs. i was looking to get xenons, but those are expensive. are HID's or projectors just as good?

Old 09-22-2007, 11:57 AM

Yes theres no problem with heat building up, or anything melting. I took a two hour drive and had them on the whole time. and not even a hint of anything going wrong. I got mine off of ebay, same thing thou, all the kits are the same. I couldnt find any prices on that site.

First thing about the halos lights from ebay. The light output from the halos is very dim, when you have the regular halogen blubs in the projectors you cant see the halo, so if you put in the hids you def wont be able to see them. Also if you do decide to get the halos the hid bulb is going to be differe nt. be sure to mention that when you order your hids from where ever you do.

good luck and happy modd'n

Old 09-22-2007, 12:01 PM

sweet, how much is a good quality HID kit? i checked on ebay and it looked like they were all selling for around $200 shipped. is that a normal amount?

Quick Reply: HID kit on 04 EX coupe