Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID kit on 04 EX coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Default RE: HID kit on 04 EX coupe

unfortunately you need to get a separate kit for the high beams also. i would keep the high beams as is or get an hid kit thats a similar color yellow light travels farther and works better in the rain.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:35 PM

man, that sucks. you are right about the yellow color, i might consider that.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:39 PM

I have a 2003 Accord EX Coupe-V6.
For my car, when ordering HIDs I should ask for the 9006 HID bulb size, correct?

Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 AM

yes if youre ordering for the low beams in your factory headlights.

if you have or thinkin about projectors they have different bulbs.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:48 PM

Whats the difference between HIDs and projectors? And I have stock headlights...I think they're called halogen

Old 09-25-2007, 04:56 PM

do you get a real clean cut-off line from these hid kits? I want to do a tsx projector retrofit into my stock housings. and was wondering how they look compared to a projector type hid set up. can you run hid in the halo's? i thought you need a hid specific projector? kit looks great on your 04.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:34 PM

HID's are a type of bulb that uses xenon gas to emit a HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE.
Halogen is the stock type of bulbs that uses a filament to emit light.
Projectors are the type of enclosure that the bulb sits in that disperses the light.

These HID kit are just bulbs so they don't control the cut-off like projectors do. If you do the tsx retrofit, I believe the tsx projectors have a pretty clean cut-off line. As far as other aftermarket projectors, it's hard to say if they have that cut-off or not. Some are made with better quality than others. you'll just have to ask someone with personal experience with a certain brand. I think some projectors can't fit an HID bulb because HID bulbs are a bit longer than halogen bulbs.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:48 PM
rsmaccord
Unregistered

Hey HuYnHness, how is the quality of the light in your opinion? Better than stock as far as driving at night or do you like them just for the look? I've heard some good and some negative comments about them - I want them for the better performance (like my 325ci that has xenons) - how is the beam on yours? does it go all over the place or is it smooth like the stock halogens? I want to get this upgrade for my 06 coupe but want to cover all the bases. I think my housing is identical to yours, what bulb/set did you get?

Thanks,

V

Old 10-20-2007, 01:49 PM

I found in the legends, or any car you are retro fitting these kits into (be HID or projectors) aim them VERY carefully!! just a tad up and you are blinding oncoming drivers.....buddy put the HID's in his legend coupe and while it looks great now....several times he had to adjust to get them set right.....and to me, when he was behind me they still seemed extremely bright....even through the 20% tint I had.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:59 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Have you had any problems with cops with your 6000k's?
hmmm...longer bulbs eh? I hope they arent to long for my projectors...dangit b/c it had a sticker that said not to use with HIDs.

Quick Reply: HID kit on 04 EX coupe