Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID Newb

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Susie_big_dog
Unregistered
Default RE: HID Newb: Check This Out!

Maybe this will help

And yes as you continue to go up the Kelvin scale you go to purple (if you will) and on to UV.
The other end of the scale goes to Red and on to Infrared. But be careful, so many of these
lamps are marketed with some wild Kelvin numbers. Reality is you are not going to get much of
a lamp above 10,000 to 12,000 Kelvin, but many Vendors are using the Kelvin scale as a
marketing tool, so I would not place much value on a high Kelvin number.

Click on image to enlarge

[IMG]local://upfiles/19586/DB16631F821D4345A040D2A4548F9689.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19586/67F6F4C95DCE4500B6127AF929EC3480.gif[/IMG]

Old 12-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Susie_big_dog
Unregistered

Are Xenon HID light systems street legal?

Each country and jurisdiction will have their own rules and regulations governing the use of automotive lighting.
[ul][*]Xenon HID lighting systems that are supplied with the vehicles, OEM from the factory, are DOT approved.
[/ul][ul][*]ALL AFTERMARKET XENON HID lighting systems from any source are not DOT approved, if installed unprofessionally.
[/ul][ul][*]Some AFTERMARKET KITS are DOT approved if they are professionally installed.[/ul]That said, I have not seen a lot of tickets issued for a non DOT approved headlight, but that's not to say it can't happen. Most of the problems I see are because someone did not follow up the HID upgrade with a Headlight alignment.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

LXMaster, why dont you buy the DDM Tuning like we suggested. That kit looks like junk.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:43 PM

That kit has external ignitors, and when I was looking at HIDs 3 years ago those were old technology. So I'm surprised they still have those kinds of kits. Buy the DDM kit, they are $70 shipped and and good kits, unless you want to spend more get the DDM. If you spend less than $70 now you will end up spending more later replacing the cheap crap kit you buy now.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:03 AM

I take back what I said, that kit looks EXACTLY like the Slim DDM one, but my ballasts are black and say Apexcone instead of HID.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:55 AM

So the new digital ballasts have the ignitors external again? Talk about going full circle.... Digital ballast are smaller so I guess they really wanted to make them smaller and took out the ignitors too. Dude just do what ever the hell it is you want, go and get your self some 30,000ks.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

That kit has external ignitors, and when I was looking at HIDs 3 years ago those were old technology. So I'm surprised they still have those kinds of kits. Buy the DDM kit, they are $70 shipped and and good kits, unless you want to spend more get the DDM. If you spend less than $70 now you will end up spending more later replacing the cheap crap kit you buy now.

external ignitors??..does that add to the setup??..cuz yea i kinda plan on installing them myself and as far as the headlight alignment i got it covered so...yea i prolly will jus go for the other one...but you think i will need a relay??..searched around and most people said it doent change much just upgrades the stock relays...so u think id need it or no?? and as for the ddm tuning do they have any how to's like on youtube??

Old 12-28-2008, 11:45 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

So the new digital ballasts have the ignitors external again? Talk about going full circle.... Digital ballast are smaller so I guess they really wanted to make them smaller and took out the ignitors too. Dude just do what ever the hell it is you want, go and get your self some 30,000ks.

wow guy u are really one to get pretty annoyed easily....anywayz...and as for me gettin 30,000k's neva said i wanted that cuda sworn i said 10,000...i unno maybe i didnt i think i shud go check what i said....lol

Old 12-29-2008, 01:41 AM

And you really are one that needs to be explained things over and over and no matter how many times it is said and explained you just can't seem to understand. It took you more than 5 pages of answers to get what most people get from just a few replies. So yes you annoy me like no other, and I'm not alone....

Old 12-29-2008, 09:11 AM

Guys ..... why wasn-t I PM'd around the 5th page or so??? This is the first that I-ve seen this thread. Angelo must be enjoying this one.

Quick Reply: HID Newb