Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID Newb

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Default RE: HID Newb

lol...im dead serious....i actually bought the car for my mom and she doesnt know how to take care of the true beauty of a car ya kno??..hate to see a powerful car like that go to waste....so i think imma slowly do somethin to that one....after KING HONDA ACCORD is done first of course..lol...but seriously tho....does it have em cuz if not..well...imma put one in there...because trust me it cud look alot better...but onna better note...preciate it live2rice imma check out that website right now..

Old 12-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Oh wait I'm sorry do you mean changing the color in the G6 if it has HIDs? If that's the case then yea I'm pretty sure any bulbs will work, but you will probably have to hack some wires. But if you mean taking the ballasts from the G6 to use in the accord that's retarded.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:07 PM

no u had it right...the first thing u said....im tryna change the color....and i was wonderin if it has HIDs in the first place because why buy HIDs and it has standard halogen setup....are u serious??...haha naww cmon now theyre not even the same style of light

Old 12-20-2008, 01:11 PM

You can't tell my looking at them? It's really obvious if they are. If they are not with out a doubt whiter than the lights you have they are just halogens.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:26 PM

Probably doesn't... our MDX has projectors, but not HID. I had projectors on my 95 Accord, still not HID. Pontiacs blow, so I'm pretty sure they dont have HID, maybe the G8. Just checked, and no, not even an available option.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:27 PM

This thread really needs to be locked my Ang or Aaron. Just go your own ways, this kid obviously doesnt understand what HID is nor what the equipment/color/light looks like.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:15 PM

uhh finch wat are u talking about....we already discussed this...me live2rice and t00fatt and i got the picture...THANKS!!...so keep your "this kid obviously doesnt understand what HID is nor what the equipment/color/light looks like." comments to urself...maybe u shud read wat the subject says...HID what??..hid what??...HID >>NEWB<<...which means i didnt know in the first place...i got it now thanks t00fatt and live2rice....i got it now

Old 12-20-2008, 02:17 PM

Lol Oh don't think I don't agree 100% with finch, and I wouldn't be surprised if live2rice felt the same way...

Old 12-20-2008, 03:02 PM

and ya kno i bet chu prolly do...but...thing is...i told u in the subject..."NEWB"...but mean hey i got it now...like seriously...and i actually looked up that lil website and oredered me a HID kit i think its like 30 somethin.....basically theres no set way to measure the actual degrees kelvin of a halogen bulb therefore retail cn lie and say they are 8500 yet really they are about 4000..as said most of em dont even reach 5000 the only way u can match color with degrees kelvin is through HID....yessir i told u i got it...

Old 12-20-2008, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: AccordLXMaster

and ya kno i bet chu prolly do...but...thing is...i told u in the subject..."NEWB"...but mean hey i got it now...like seriously...and i actually looked up that lil website and oredered me a HID kit i think its like 30 somethin.....basically theres no set way to measure the actual degrees kelvin of a halogen bulb therefore retail cn lie and say they are 8500 yet really they are about 4000..as said most of em dont even reach 5000 the only way u can match color with degrees kelvin is through HID....yessir i told u i got it...
Ummm Kelvin is used to to describe the color of all white, not just HIDS.... All manufactures lie because they can, look at the car audio industry....

Quick Reply: HID Newb