Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

how much do you think it will take to repair?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Default how much do you think it will take to repair?

hey all, just got into a little accident today. The rear right quarter panel, trunk, taillight, and rear bumper got messed up. Any price estimates? A bodyshop told me 3k for new parts. Or for $600 they could take a hammer to the metal and make it the best they can but gyaranteed that a taillight will be in to pass inspection. Check out the pics and tell me what you think.

Pic 1
Pic 2

Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: how much do you think it will take to repair?

who is payin for it?

Old 10-03-2007, 12:48 AM

me. All out of pocket. Im 18 and can't afford collosion on my car.
im thinkin about just paying the $600 to make it streetable. Then save up 7k and buy an eclipse or newer accord. One things for sure, ive already come up with a list of stuff to keep. like speakers, sub, headunit, alarm, ect. When I sell this car, its gonna be more bone stock than from factory. lol. $20 speakers and unit just for looks and functionality. idk, I like the eclipse look and mods you can do to it. But I like the accords ...value I guess. Any advice?

Old 10-03-2007, 01:30 AM
Almost A Senior Member

How did that happen? I would just go with the $600 repair if you're gona get a new car.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

i did sort of the same thing a while back, except i only damaged the quarter panel and not the tail light. i paid $1500 to have the dented piece of quarter panel taken out and a new piece welded in, then have it all painted.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

car isnt worth more than 3k....

i would just make it driveable.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 AM

Just pay for what you can.I agree with Smaglik. If this was reported to an insurance company I am 80% sure they would total your car.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 AM
DT2008LX
Unregistered

the person that hit you doesn't have collision repair? what is it your fault?

Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 AM

ya. Ill post pics on friday or sat. when i get it back. Im saving all my money now for a new car. Not spending anything on this anymore except for oil changes and basic maintenence. So this is what happened
I was on my way to work and it's a 4 lane busy road. Im in the center turning lane making a left. The car in the left lane closest lane to me signaled that the other was clear. So I gunned the car as fast as I could just in case. Well.....There was a chevy suburban with a chrome bushguard that hit me in the far left lane as i was crossing. i didn't yield the right of way to oncomming traffic. So, im a little in debt right now.Now that i look back, i realize that it could've been much worse. Like i could've frozen in fear and he would have taken out my whole right side, doors, front, rear, everything. I guess im sort of lucky to just damage the back end. Ironic in a way...I was right across the street from my work to pick up my paycheck, but instead I came out in dept about twice my check amount. Ill ask my manager to put me on for 40 hour weeks from now on so I can get a new car sooner. Oh, btw. Would you say the eclipse is a "good" car? it's either gonna be a 97 or 01 eclpise GS or GT. Or a 2000 accord. Don't know about it being an EX or not. All input is highly appreciated. Thanks

Old 10-03-2007, 10:03 AM

I don't really know much about the eclipse's, but I too looked in that market before I got my 2000 LX. The 2000 EX and LX Accords both have the VTEC. the DX is the only model in the 6th gen that is non-VTEC (if that is a concern for you).

Quick Reply: how much do you think it will take to repair?