Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

how much do you think it will take to repair?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: how much do you think it will take to repair?

i have many friends that are into eclipses/talons. if your going to go that route just get a TSI/GSX. you will thank yourself later, they are fast to begin with and respond very well to mods.

the GST is also a possibility(same engine as TSI/GSX just FWD instead of AWD). the only problem then is you run into traction problems.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

i have many friends that are into eclipses/talons. if your going to go that route just get a TSI/GSX. you will thank yourself later, they are fast to begin with and respond very well to mods.

the GST is also a possibility(same engine as TSI/GSX just FWD instead of AWD). the only problem then is you run into traction problems.
Yes this would be ideal if you have the money to spend on a good condition GST,GSX, TSI. In my car search before I got the 2000 LX I never was able to find a reasonably priced one that was in good condition. But they do have a stock turbo and make 210hp. So they are much faster than our accords. Plus that engine is supposed to be very strong and able to handle a ton of power if you want to go crazy. However, stock they came with a very ugly spoiler thing on the back that just looks awkward and sticks up way too high. if I bought one I would remove that immediately. Plus I would probably debadge it so no one could tell I had a GST or GSX and try to frickin race me.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:35 AM

Personally I'd get a hammer and a piece of a 2x4, then go to a junk yard or find one online and order a rear bumper cover and tailight. Then put the 2x4 up against the dent and bang on it, this will push it all out to a decent uniformity and allow you to install the light to be legal. I think you could do it for less than $100.00 without the bumper and about $200.00 with it. At this point it sounds like you've conceeded to not bring it back up to the OEM look so why pay a shop to do it when you can do something yourself to get by with?

Old 10-07-2007, 05:53 AM

well, got it back. Doesn't look as good as new but much better than it was. I ordered a new left side taillight so they will match. I have aftermarket in left and factory in right right now. I don't know how it's being held in there so i don't think i can replace the right side. I know there are screws, but the bodyshop said due to the crash, they might have to drill new holes. Also have a new side marker on order. When it becomes daylight here ill take some pics.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:15 AM

here is the after pics
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3