Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

I want new headlights for my '97 ex

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by 1995HondaAccordEx
MAN!!! holy cow, this is yours?!?!?!?!
no sir......its a friend's. You can find them on eBay for around $130 shipped. They have held up great though, 5x better than the previous set of no name blackhoused lights I had.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c
no sir......its a friend's. You can find them on eBay for around $130 shipped. They have held up great though, 5x better than the previous set of no name blackhoused lights I had.
Some of them will also come with a new grill!!!

Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 PM

The ones from the seller I got them from don't come with a grill. Its generally the cheaper ones that do.

Here are the exact ones I got. Great seller too. Very fast shipping.

DEPO 1994 1995 1996 1997 HONDA ACCORD JDM HEADLIGHTS + CORNER LIGHTS | eBay

Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Almost A Senior Member

The ones from the seller I got them from don't come with a grill. Its generally the cheaper ones that do.

Here are the exact ones I got. Great seller too. Very fast shipping.

DEPO 1994 1995 1996 1997 HONDA ACCORD JDM HEADLIGHTS + CORNER LIGHTS | eBay
I guess it also depends on which color corner lights you want. The ones that come with the amber and black corner lights seem to be cheaper Im still debating which ones to get.

Last edited by 94ex915; 07-13-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:28 AM

It's a possibility. I found some I like. I'll post the the link later. They're totally basic.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:29 AM

And I like the amber corner lights better actually.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by weezerette1121
Kinda like these?

94 95 96 97 Honda Accord JDM Black Crystal Headlights+Corner light Assembly Pair | eBay

Theres a few choices. I think any new headlights would look nice tbh.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by 94ex915
I guess it also depends on which color corner lights you want. The ones that come with the amber and black corner lights seem to be cheaper Im still debating which ones to get.
Originally Posted by weezerette1121
I bought the ones I did, because I wanted quality replica's of the ones found on Japanese Accords. And Depo is the most well known replica auto lighting manufacturer. They make a quality product, but with that comes a slight cost increase.

Kinda like these?

94 95 96 97 Honda Accord JDM Black Crystal Headlights+Corner light Assembly Pair | eBay

My first set of headlights were no name brand similar to these......let me caution you: You get what you pay for. These lights did not hold up well at all. They looked great new. But after only a year, they started hazing up and getting small pits in them. And also, the beam pattern of the light sucked. There was no sharp cuttoff of light like there should be. In addition, the lights did not fit on the car very well. The corners stuck out from the fender, and did not sit flush, no matter what I did to try and fix it.

My Depo's on the other hand, have perfect fitment, and have held up beautifully the 2 years I've owned them. Just a bit of polish, and they look brand new. No hazing at all. And my car is always parked outside. And the beam pattern is great, there is a nice sharp cutoff. Absolutely no regrets buying them, unlike my other set. I just don't want people to make the same mistake I did, and waste their money.

Now I'm not saying you have to get the exact ones I have....Depo does make some with smoked/amber corners and such, but personally I think they are ugly. They look cheap to me, and too much like Civic headlights. I prefer clean and subtle, and OEM (JDM in this case) are the best option for that.

Take a look through this thread, and you'll see that 99% of the cars either have OEM or authentic JDM headlights. Why? because they simply look the best, and go with any color.

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=121371

Last edited by hondafreak91c; 07-14-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 AM

Kinda like these?

Yeah, just like those. That page is the one I had bookmarked.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 AM

I bought the ones I did, because I wanted quality replica's of the ones found on Japanese Accords. And Depo is the most well known replica auto lighting manufacturer. They make a quality product, but with that comes a slight cost increase.

My first set of headlights were no name brand similar to these......let me caution you: You get what you pay for. These lights did not hold up well at all. They looked great new. But after only a year, they started hazing up and getting small pits in them. And also, the beam pattern of the light sucked. There was no sharp cuttoff of light like there should be. In addition, the lights did not fit on the car very well. The corners stuck out from the fender, and did not sit flush, no matter what I did to try and fix it.

My Depo's on the other hand, have perfect fitment, and have held up beautifully the 2 years I've owned them. Just a bit of polish, and they look brand new. No hazing at all. And my car is always parked outside. And the beam pattern is great, there is a nice sharp cutoff. Absolutely no regrets buying them, unlike my other set. I just don't want people to make the same mistake I did, and waste their money.

Now I'm not saying you have to get the exact ones I have....Depo does make some with smoked/amber corners and such, but personally I think they are ugly. They look cheap to me, and too much like Civic headlights. I prefer clean and subtle, and OEM (JDM in this case) are the best option for that.

Take a look through this thread, and you'll see that 99% of the cars either have OEM or authentic JDM headlights. Why? because they simply look the best, and go with any color.

Official HS 5th Gen Accord Picture Thread - HondaSociety Web Community
I looked through. I like most of them.
On the other hand, I prefer the amber because the turn signal is amber and the rear turn is amber also. Buying taillights will be a whole new door to open. I don't wanna have to do that much just to get the clear or whatever corners.