Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

NEED HELP ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:42 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP!

grounded in a diff. spot and still doesnt work....grrr

Old 07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I switched ballasts and the other did the same exact thing.
I called DDM and they are sending me a pair of bulb out wanring eliminators ($40 ) and if they dont work theyll send me my money back.

They were working fine last night. I am guess when the guy hooked my battery up wrong it did something to it. But I dont get why when I put the ballast against metal my halogen high beam came on? Could it be a fuse somewhere?

Would it be okay to run one halogen and one HID?

Old 07-02-2008, 07:04 PM

will you just pay a professional who KNOWS and has EXPERIENCE

Old 07-02-2008, 07:05 PM

not to be rude but dam if you have no type of literacy with electricity then NEWS FLASH its not plug and play then!

Old 07-02-2008, 07:49 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

wtf would I do that? Installing HID's should be a simple process. I knew beforehand that I would have to do some wiring which isnt a big deal to me at all. Besides, they were working perfectly last night. And even w/ the wiring harness attached correctly they wouldnt work and the guys who I bought them from said I didnt need it.

Lastly it turned out to be a stupid 20Amp fuse. Didnt even really think of headlights having fuses until I was about tosay f it. Only one was blown so the idiot that installed my battery wrong today must have blown it. Brings a total of 5 fuses so far. Got a new one and they work perfectly.
Thanks for your help Falkore! I really do appreciate it.

Still just debating on the wiring harness....since theirs didnt work. I havent seen them offered at any other places. Hmmmm........

Old 07-02-2008, 09:21 PM

personally i find it very rewarding to do my own work, forget paying a professional, if i don't know how to do it, i will before it's over with!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:15 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

As do I. It allows you to gain further knowledge about your car and how it works.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Tyler: If you understand how the relay is supposed to be wired, all you need to do is go to an electronics store and buy a 12V, 20A relay and harness and wire it like on the picture. The only change that I'd do would be that I'd ground the relay close to where it's mounted. No need to run the wire to the battery. My car is getting fixed right now, but when I get it back, I'll snap a couple pics of my airhorn install so you can see the relay and harness are setup.

For this type of install, I'd use a wire tap in order to keep the OEM headlight plugs in place. Use a multimeter to see which is the positive lead and go from there.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:09 AM

Man, mine were definitely not this confusing....

Once you get a relay (I got 40A ones because they are water/weather-proof) wire it like this:

- Positive from headlight switch (found in the stock connector) to relay #86.
- Positive from battery (fused) to relay #30.
- Positive from ballasts to relay #87.
- Ground to relay #85.

If you lived within a few hours of me I would come and help you but you don't :-(

Old 07-03-2008, 02:40 PM

Thanks Brandon ..... I don't know the contact #'s offhand.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP ASAP!