Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

neon tubes or other lighting

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Default RE: neon tubes or other lighting

ok
thank you everybody for your assistance

Old 05-20-2007, 10:17 PM

You will have i think 3 open posts on in your fusebox, one will have power all the time, maybe 2 i forget, and one of them will be on when the key is in the1 position. I used the one where power was on only when the key was in the1 position just in case i left it on, it wouldn't be on all day or night, although i'm pretty sure it would be pretty easy to see if it was on at night. But yeah any more questions just ask

Old 05-27-2007, 04:54 AM
GothardJ
Unregistered

I haven't put any neons in my new 02 Accord, but I had them in my '88 accord, And I've found that the neon tubes make a much more bright, rich color than the rope does. But it is harder to hide the tubes. Another thing that affects how much light they give out is the color of the inside. I find that a darker interior makes the color look brighter. Also, you can buy them all with cigarette outlet plugs, but they can be easily hardwired with a switch, just make sure that you fuse all the extra wires.(Due to safety issues). As for brands, you can go expensive with street glow, or you can go cheaper through stores like Walmart, Kmart, and Autozone. They all work about the same, but it seems that if you are going to set them to the music, then go with the street glow, because the cheaper ones don't last as long to the music. They will just stop reading the music, and stay steady beams of light. Hope this helps.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:05 AM
daniel08
Unregistered

i just put a switch inmy dash and wired them to the battery. if you do that make sure that u get a inline fuse. i got two 10 inch neons from autozone and they are fine.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:51 PM

I just had blue LEDs installed under the dash and in thr AC vents. They are fully controllable with multiple settings. Also had PlasmaGlow 2.1 million light tubes installed under the car as well. Awsome sight! I had it done by a local shop. Didn't wantloosewiresor a sloppylookinginstall. WiththeLambodoorsopen , it'squite a sight.

03 coupe
AEM cold air,Tein lowering springs,Greddy strut bar,
Large bore throttle body,17" Kobe Race 10 wheels
Honda OEM ground effects, Comptech rear sway bar,
NOX next week

Old 05-31-2007, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr.Evil

I just had blue LEDs installed under the dash and in thr AC vents. They are fully controllable with multiple settings. Also had PlasmaGlow 2.1 million light tubes installed under the car as well. Awsome sight! I had it done by a local shop. Didn't wantloosewiresor a sloppylookinginstall. WiththeLambodoorsopen , it'squite a sight.
sounds sweet.. you got any pics? how much did they charge for installation... and did you buy the neon and just had them install them or did they do everything.. if they did everything how much was it for everything?

Old 05-31-2007, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr.Evil

sounds sweet.. you got any pics? how much did they charge for installation... and did you buy the neon and just had them install them or did they do everything.. if they did everything how much was it for everything?

Old 06-01-2007, 02:31 AM

i bought a blue 8" dual tube neon kit on ebay for cheap. it has sound activation so i can make it beat with music or keep it on. i mounted it under my dash but instead of screwing it in i used duck brand permanent mounting tape but it keeps falling even after i cleaned the surface with lysol wipes and dried it. it looks really cool and was easy to do besides having the tubes fall all the time. only problem i have with my kit is that the wires between the neon tubes and the sound module are only 2.5 ft long so the only place i could mount the sound module was on bottom of my center console right by my feet so on a high sensitivity setting road noise sets it off. at the moment its still plugged into the cigarette lighter in the center console but im thinkin about hardwiring it.

i feel really tempted to get that led kit that you found or the 7 color led kit and put my neons somewhere else.

i just realized i really do ramble on about absolutely nuttin. please shoot me (or since this is a car forum, run me over)

Old 06-02-2007, 07:57 AM

>>sounds sweet.. you got any pics? how much did they charge for installation... and did you buy the neon and just had them install them or did they do everything.. if they did everything how much was it for everything? <<
The uderbody lighte were about $180.00,I bought them from SCO, but the interior was from the shop. The whole job cost $600.00

Old 06-02-2007, 11:09 PM

my interior is really dirty and ive been too lazy to clean it and take pics. but to be completely honest its probably nothing compared to your setup. im also on a mac right now so i really dont know how to use it to upload pic of the neons. WHERES THE RIGHT CLICK?

i wanna see pics of your ride though

i just figured it out

Quick Reply: neon tubes or other lighting