Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

neons hanging below bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Default neons hanging below bumper?

hey all, Im thinking of getting some streetglow neon underbody kit plus an additional neon in the grill. I have the stock bumpers and sideskirts. My question is will I be able to see the tubes hangine down below the car? Or will it still look from a distance. I've seen some cars with this and from other vehicles point of view, the neons don't look very attractive. Should I think about purchasing this upgrade or move on and forget about it. Thanks for the replies.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Default RE: neons hanging below bumper?

they are supposed to be recessed enough to not be able to see the bulbs but to just see the light

Old 07-22-2007, 08:42 PM

I don't see how, My sideskirts are even with the underbody. The bumpers have the splash guards to make them even as well. If I put the lights on as instucted, They will hang about 1" below everything. Is there anyway to make them recessed?

Old 07-22-2007, 09:21 PM

um maybe you could move them in a little bit more towards the middle so you would have to be lying down next to your car to see it but they would still be sticking out though

Old 07-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

i have the street glow on my car, and did just as trav suggested, moved them in a little bit and you cant see the side or rear ones, however you can see the front on mine, so i am goign to buy a front lip to hide it.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:15 PM

did you just mount them to the sheetmetal under the car? Also, how would a 20-30" neon light look in the grill? Maybe mount it right under the grill or something. Also just found out that my timing belt is too tight. So Next paycheck will go towards adjusting it. Im spendin $150 on some Kenwood Excelon speakers. I got them for a good deal. all 4 for 150. So next check=belt, then the next might be a streetglow kit.It'll probably be a good month or two before I even consider neons, but I am interested in them. Which are in terms "flatter", neon or LED undercar lights? I'm looking at the gold series from streetglow but at the same time their multi-color led's don't look so bad either. any opinions? Thanx for all the responces

Old 07-22-2007, 10:20 PM

nice car live2rice, The cardomain isn't bad. Sucks for the blown subs. Have you tried JL Audio? there pretty good.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

yeah i just used the mounting clips and mounted them to the sheet metal. I have the gold series, i dont really like the LEDs on lowered cars because you dont get good coverage and can usually see the break between the LEDs if you know what i mean.

i havent tried JL, but i think i am going for a full race set up now so trying to conserve weight.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 AM

i like how your subs are mounted

Old 07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

IMO, put the money towards something else...that's a lot of cash for something that can onlybe seen part of the time, and that cops really, really dont like.

Quick Reply: neons hanging below bumper?