Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Projector Headlights for 2000 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

make sure the lamp wattage is the same on both sides, that may explain the difference.

be careful about exceeding the heat recommendations for the projectors with the HID. those projector housings weren't made for more wattage than recommended - and HID's get hot. You'll melt the housing if you don't properly size the bulbs.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
make sure the lamp wattage is the same on both sides, that may explain the difference.

be careful about exceeding the heat recommendations for the projectors with the HID. those projector housings weren't made for more wattage than recommended - and HID's get hot. You'll melt the housing if you don't properly size the bulbs.
how do I make sure the lamp wattage is the same on both sides?? Those halogens came with the headlights themselves so I'd think they're the same on both sides unless I can somehow change the wattage. As for the HIDs I ordered, I think they're supposed to be 35 watt although the website didn't say. The guy said these specific headlights are HID capable so that means they're good right?? Also I was told I don't need a relay harness for my car but is it safe without one for 35 and 55 watt HIDs??

Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
The guy said these specific headlights are HID capable so that means they're good right??
i wouldnt necessarily believe him. he could just mean that the headlights are capable of fitting an hid bulb inside, but not really handle it. ie melting of the headlight housing, projector doesnt spread the light out correctly. he could just be doing his job, being a salesman, and trying to make a buck. who know whut he knows.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:54 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

There are many cases of projectors melting and some projectors not melting.

I have the best brand you can get, TYC, and they do just fine w/ 35w hids. Usually HID bulbs are longer, which can cause them to touch the housing itself and cause it to melt.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by htekken
i wouldnt necessarily believe him. he could just mean that the headlights are capable of fitting an hid bulb inside, but not really handle it. ie melting of the headlight housing, projector doesnt spread the light out correctly. he could just be doing his job, being a salesman, and trying to make a buck. who know whut he knows.
Well I realized asking the salesmen these questions was kind of stupid. So, the store that I bought this headlights from actually has a tech support and it was the tech support guy that said they were HID capable. If he's wrong I'm getting a new set for free cuz he said it and it was his fault. His job is tech support, not sales. Oh and I thought you kind of need projectors for HIDs for a good light spread if not you'd be blinding everyone. Or so I heard from other forums and such.

Btw, I tried to get the TYC Elegante headlights but they're impossible to find. Noone has them anymore and they don't know when they'll be in stock, that's why I ended up settling with these ones.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:41 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

?

eBay has quite a few sets of the TYC headlights

Old 05-28-2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by 19Accord97
?

eBay has quite a few sets of the TYC headlights
yeah I noticed they do but I've problems believing anything on ebay.. I get scared to buy on ebay.. weird but true.. That's also why I call people to order things even for an online store because I want to make sure they sound legit, instead of like a scam.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:53 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

In my personal experience i've never had a problem on eBay. And I have bought and sold alot of things on there. But to each his own!

Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

I have also purchased a lot on ebay - mostly electronics but both my headlights and taillights, i also have sold a lot on ebay. there are scams everywhere, not just ebay, even in your local CL or classifieds.

that said, i didn't go with TYC headlights, just taillights. I didn't like the style at the time, and went with a different brand - EagleEye. I had to disassemble them shortly after installing them because the adjustment t-nut clip came out of the projector housing. I replaced all of the nuts, but now there is too much give and the housing can "bounce" which will shorten bulb life. So next I need to find a way to keep it more stable.

i wouldn't hesitate to buy TYC from ebay.

i do recommend contacting the seller first, just to verify they are capable of providing an answer, usually something technical.

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 05-30-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Newest Of Newbies

eBay isn't so bad. I've bought a number of things from there that were legit, including a cold air, a bunch of LED's, side markers, etc. Anyway I have very similar headlights. I got the Junyan ones with the halos and LED's. Wire your halos to the parking lights instead, that way they light up without the lowbeams. Also there are probably screws you can use to adjust the projector beam left, right, up, and down. They might be a pain to reach and you might need a swivel 8mm or 10mm (i forget which) to turn them. If you dont have a straight cutoff line at the top of the light beam, you probably need to level them out. Just don't aim the beams too high. Then people will start flashing their brights at you every time you pass them b/c it'll basically be like shining a flashlight 1ft from their eyes (but if you're getting HID's I dunno if that bothers you). Oh and last thing, I hate to disappoint you but once you get your halos working, they might not last too long, and the cheapest replacements i found are 25 bucks...but you might be able to buy T10 connectors, cut off the original halo connectors, splice in the new T10's, and use any T10 194 LED (which you can find hundreds of on eBay, some as cheap as 99 cents a bulb). That's what I'm about to try. But the connectors are coming from Malaysia so I'll leave a post about that one in a few weeks lol. Anyway good luck. Whether the halos burn out or not, the projectors are certainly better looking, and well worth keeping.

Quick Reply: Projector Headlights for 2000 Honda Accord