Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Projector Headlights Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c
Retrofit all the way. Use Morimoto Mini H1 projectors......they are around $120 brand new or so, and are almost plug 'n play. Way better light output than the eBay projectors by a londgshot.
where could I find these for 120?! i'm looking at theretrofitstore and they sell the whole kit for 270 but i'm not sure if i'm ready to take on such a task...

I think i will be going with the Morimotos when I get the chance to either find someone to help me or buy a set already made at a decent price.
Originally Posted by MikeyBizlock
I was gonna make a thread about those eBay projectors asking if anyone had purchased a set and how the level of quality was with them. Good thing I looked around first! I'm planning on buying some halos due to some damage to my stock headlights. From what I see on here the light output is fairly poor on the eBay halos? What if they have 1000k HIDs installed in them? I love the look of the halos but would hate to constantly wonder if my bulbs were burnt out cuz the light output is so low haha. So who has a set and what kind of bulbs do you use and how do you like em?

Ps your car looks great dbang! Expect a friend request from me. I look forward to sharing info with a fellow 6th gen enthusiast with the same ideas for mods. Maybe we can help each other out. Make sure to take pics so we know how the build is going!
Yep, hopefully we can help each other out, i'll need all the help I can get as well haha
Originally Posted by hondafreak91c
Take some night shots. I'd love to see how they compare to the Morimotos. Here are some shot's of the Morimotos from my friend's car:

High beams:

From what I've researched, these are just as good or better than most OEM projectors.
Do you know what kind of output bulb he had? is that the 3k?

Old 03-25-2013, 11:01 PM

I believe they are 5k HIDs (pure white).

3k would be yellow, and would most likely be used in fog lights.