Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Question about cleaning rims and leak goes to trunk

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Default try this

Adams polishes Green wheel cleaner works awesome. I would try that, you buy the bottle and will be able to use it whenever you want. And it's not expensive at all... That's the stuff that I've used on all my vehicles, and all my friends cars and trucks. It keeps the wheel looking like new, and works in seconds. Let me know if that helps at all.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:41 PM

no such thing as grandfathered in when it comes to tints man, i get ball-busted by the cops all the time for mine and alls i got is 20%, legal limit where im from is 35% idk about yours. if you dont use your car anything illegal then dont worry about it, the worst that happens is you get a ticket, fight it, go on google and print out a pic of your same year car same color with no tints and say you shaved them off, 90% of the time theyll let you go as long as your not rude with the cop. Also if you dont want to draw attention to your car, stay with the legal limit, i drive my fathers truck past the cops he has 35% and they dont even look twice. When it comes to window tint it depends on the officers discretion and how his day is going, sometimes theyll just tell you to keep your windows down, other times theyll write you a $250 ticket per window. I'd say either shave all the tints off and put rims on it, cause a car with no tint and rims w/ a good body looks clean, or just keep the tints somewhere close to your states legal limit, good luck and let me know whether you go with Noxon or Adams polishes Green wheel cleaner, let me know how it comes out

Old 08-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bustedhonda
Hello,

I have a 91 honda accord LX and have the factory chrome rims on it, which are a little dusty.. they look like this

they are pretty dirty, what is the best / cheap way to make them sparkle again? thats how they look now (maybe a little dirtier), i would like to make them look like this

(how do the tires look so shiney and black, black spray paint?)

also..

I noticed after it rains, if i open my trunk some water leaks into my trunk after i open it like the seal is not good or something around the trunk area, so the water fills in a spot and when i open the trunk it pours into the inside of the trunk.. any ideas on how to fix this?

Im steadly fixing this car up and love it so far, and any help is appriciated, thanks! :-)
It's time to send those wheels in and get them re-finished..cleaning them isn't going to do a thing for them..

WheelBrokerAng
or get new ones

Old 08-03-2009, 06:26 AM

I'm having a problem with the window tint also. I just bought a 2006 honda accord coupe ex... It's illegal to do all the windows, so I was thinking about doing just the back three. Only thing is, I don't know if it's going to look stupid and would like to know what people think about that. I really want to do it though.

As for your wheels, I would definitely get the adams polishes stuff. All his stuff is awesome and works great. I've used all kinds of his wax, leather cleaner, wheel cleaner, All kinds of stuff. After the car is all detailed, it looks like a brand new car. Definately look into it, he has a website so you can do everything online to. No hassle whatsoever, and its way easy.

Let me know how you make out with everything, Good luck with the wheels. And also, let me know what you think about the tinting and what you do about it.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:38 PM

tint is definitely something you either have to do all or nothing, i personally think that if you tint the back 3 it will look worse then if you left them alone, if you go with the legal limit youll never get pulled over, and it looks decent, you can go down to 25% or 20% which looks really good, but you risk getting pulled over for them, i got mine last year and ive gotten pulled over at least 5 times for tints alone.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:21 PM

I went to Autozone today after school and they did not have eaither one, so i asked the guy at the counter and he showed me to them all and I ended up getting "Blue Magic" it was 5.99 for a can of it. It looks promising i will see.. Yeah I have no idea what percent tints i have but they are dark as hell, in FL it helps alot to have really dark tints because of the heat. I have opened my door many of times and seen steam come out from the inside of the car, or seen serious satellitte radios get melted to the dash. Esp, if you have an old car with no AC it is horrible without dark tints. I will have to check out the local law i guess, the last county i stayed in i got pulled over and this ******* cop (major *******) gave me 4 tickets, anything he could find or think of, one being my (factory) window tint on the brand new car i bought was like 4 centimeters below the A1A2 line on the front windshield, i fought all the tickets just because he was an ******* and to make him come to court early in the morning to inconvience him like he was doing to me. btw; how do you refinish aluminum rims? some kind of wire brush with a certain chemical?

heres my busted baby
[img]
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6471/dscf0396u.jpg
[/img]
and
[img]
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1410/dscf0397c.jpg
[/img]
how dark % are those tints? or how to fix the paint cheap? like can i goto home depot with a chip of my car paint have them match the color and throw the paint roller on the hood or would that me like a maaco paint job? I spray painted the part between the front and back doors black and it seems to work good and look allright, thanks

Last edited by bustedhonda; 08-03-2009 at 11:33 PM.