Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Tail Light Tint

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Default RE: Tail Light Tint

I agree tinting is cool but safety should always come first. Think about it.... Your brake lights are usually the only thing that might get someones attention when you have to brakeabruptly or even normally for that matter.

Is it worth the chance of not only killing yourselfbut someone else in your car or even someone else mayber even an innocent child in a car you might happen to get knocked into as a result of another driver not seeing you?

I'm not trying to play the devils advocate here but these things should be considered when you compromise not only your safety, but the safety of others.

I couldn't bear the the thought of being responsible for the death of someone in a situation I created that possibly could have been avoided. People get killed everyday from being rearended.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:46 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

^I agree. I'd like to tint the chrome part of the tail lights. Is there any easier way then in the oven? What if I just removed the clear outer section off and left it off?

Old 05-04-2007, 12:52 AM

Take them to a graphics shop and have them overlay vinyl over the chrome. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

^So they would heat up the tail lights, remove the cover and do that? I've never heard of one doing so. I might check into it.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:30 PM

i used something called NiteShade from O'Reily's Auto Parts store and it worked great. when i have time ill take a pic of them(they are my stock lights) and you can see every color of light as bright and colorful as it was(brake=red, blinker=yellow, backup=white) looks really good too

Old 05-04-2007, 01:45 PM

would compleatly dissagree that you could kill someone by tinting your tail lights i mean they would have to be going extreamly fast and you to be at a dead stop just dosnt seem possible to me

Old 05-04-2007, 04:28 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I may just get some NightShades and tint the chrome inside the housing.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: gliff159

would compleatly dissagree that you could kill someone by tinting your tail lights i mean they would have to be going extreamly fast and you to be at a dead stop just dosnt seem possible to me
What I was trying to get at was, if someone didn't see you stopping ahead of them because they weren't paying particular attention to you and your lights weren't bright enough to catch there attention. They cream you at even 35 mph if you or your passengers survive the initial impact and you get knocked into oncoming traffic. The thing is, if something bad happened and the driver that hit you stated he didn't see your taillights, they notice you've tinted your taillights you could have placed yourself into a position to have your pants sued off of you. then if someone was killed manslaughter charges could be brought against you. Everybody sues everybody over every little thing these days.

Inailed aF-350 pick up stopped waiting to turn with my Yukon at about 20 mph several years ago and I knockedthat heavy truckapproximately 30'. I was cresting a hill and heard a sirenand momentarily glanced in my side view mirror to see if it was approaching from behind and WHAM. He was on the other side of the hill and I didn't see him until I was dead on him. I was just fortunate no one was hurt.

I'm not trying to play the 'old man' here but these things can happen. Safetyshould never be compromised.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 2kflhr

I agree tinting is cool but safety should always come first. Think about it.... Your brake lights are usually the only thing that might get someones attention when you have to brakeabruptly or even normally for that matter.

Is it worth the chance of not only killing yourselfbut someone else in your car or even someone else mayber even an innocent child in a car you might happen to get knocked into as a result of another driver not seeing you?

I'm not trying to play the devils advocate here but these things should be considered when you compromise not only your safety, but the safety of others.

I couldn't bear the the thought of being responsible for the death of someone in a situation I created that possibly could have been avoided. People get killed everyday from being rearended.
i took this into consideration when i did mine. the lights are just a little bit dimmer if not just as bright, but i do think if someone rear ended you they would use it as an excuse, so that would suck

Old 05-04-2007, 06:44 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I agree. Thats why I dont want to tint the whole tail lights themselves.

Quick Reply: Tail Light Tint