Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Where to find Xenons for 08 Accord...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Default Where to find Xenons for 08 Accord...

I really have no clue where to look to get Xenons for my 08 Accord Coupe... I looked at a few places online but I have no idea what type of bulb I have, nor do I have any idea about which I need.

The only piece of information I am aware about is that I am looking for 6k Xenons.

http://www.xenonking.com/Mcculloch-6...d-Kit-Car.html
^ That website has some xenons but once again I am clueless as to which type of bulb to buy.

Also, where would you recommend I get it installed? The dealer? Or a private garage?

Old 01-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Default RE: Where to find Xenons for 08 Accord...

I did some searching around the forum (since no one really responded yet) and I read on a post that the 08 Accord Coupes come with projector casings? So does that mean all I need are Xenon bulbs?

Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM

I know this isn't much help but I have no expreience with the 08's. There is however a post from a company in the for sale section that claims to have the lights/HID kits for every car and they are out of Seattle... Might be worth taking a look. Will you do us a favor and report back what you find out about it for future questions...?

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_103926/tm.htm

Old 01-22-2008, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the link but the website doesnt have any information on the bulbs ofthe new 08 accords =(

Old 01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

coversion kits go by the bulb size, not the car (ie- a 6th gen sedan has 9006 lowbeams so it gets a 9006 conversion kit. My aftermarket headlights had H1's in them, so they got a H1 size kit.)

Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 AM

I have an 08 accord sedan, I installed some xenons in mine, all you need is the bulb type, it's either 9006 or 9007 I forgot which one, I had my shop do it, along with a tint job, it's rather tedious to install (have to go behind the wheels, if you have a v6 it will take longer) Apparently the mounting had to be custom. Personally I think they were pulling my leg. Anyway, all you need is the bulb type and the rest shouldn't be a problem. Good luck

Old 01-26-2008, 08:52 PM

i put a standard HID kit in my 08 accord coupe V6 no problem. I have HID's in the headlights and the fog lights.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:59 PM

I went to the dealership from where i purchased my car and they said they don't install or carry xenon HIDs...

However the guy said that since the Coupe comes with projector casings, that all I would need to do it buy the correct bulb type and I should be good. Just a switcharoo and I should be putting out whiteeeee lightttt!

Is that correct? Or do I still need the converstion kit or whatever?

Pardon my lack of knowledge, I'm still getting familiar with all the confusing Jargon. lol

Old 01-27-2008, 06:13 PM

You can buy the cheap wannabe white or blue bulbs from dicscount auto parts or w/ebut they are not HID. Real HID's come as a kit with 2 ballast's that provide power for the HID bulb which is way brighter than anything else you can buy. You can expect to spend around $250 installed for an HID kit from a car stereo shop priced decently. My local Honda dealer sells HID kits for the car, but as with all other things from the dealer they are very expensive. There are HID kits available on ebay for around $125 but you have to install them yourself which can be a process if you dont know what your doing. You have to go in through the wheel well to get to the back of the headlights and you have to wire and mount a ballast and conversion kit on each side. HID's come standard on most luxury high end cars like Mercedes or BMW. It is a nice upgrade and you will def notice the difference at night. The 08 Accord coupe comes with projectors so it cuts off the HID light just at the right levelso you aren't blinding everybody infront of you (and get a ticket)unlike some other cars with HID converstions that blind everybody while there are driving down the road. Stay with the white HID's blue and purple are illegal and you can get harrased by the cops for them.

This is a pic of my 08 coupe with HID's in the projector head lightsand in the Fog lights.

Name:  100_0345.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  55.3 KB

Old 01-27-2008, 06:24 PM

Oh thanks Jblaust.

But do you know the type of bulb the 08s need?

Would you recommend these?

http://www.xenonking.com/Visionpro-6...d-Kit-Car.html

Also if you would recommend them, do I need the single beam HID kit or the bi-Xenon HID kit?

Edit: Yeah i saw pics of your car on another post, sickkkkkkk bro!
Btw, just out of curiosity, can you install HIDs as foglights if your car didn't come with any to begin with?

Quick Reply: Where to find Xenons for 08 Accord...