Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Wrecked 05' 6spd

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Default Wrecked 05' 6spd

Alright so yesterday my girlfriend put an end to my Accord project by getting T-boned by a Ford Explorer. Chances are that the car will be totaled...it took a hard hit to the passenger rear quarter. If it is totaled i will be buying it back from the insurance company and parting it out. If you are intrested in anything from it let me know. The interior(black leather)is mint, all the glass, doors and front fenders are mint. it is a 3.0VTEC 6speed. 50,000 on motor and clutch and everything is in perfect running order. The rims are the stock 17's and 3 of them are fine and have fuzion zri's on them with plenty of life left in them. The right rear rim and tire are in pretty rough shape...if you want it you can have it at no extra charge but it is most likley no use to anyone. Again the only damage to the car is at the passenger rear tire / quaterthe rest of the car is showroom condition. please contact me if there is anything off the car that you would like.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Default RE: Wrecked 05' 6spd

when you get a chance I'd post this thread in the for sale section with pictures. Sorry to hear about the accord, keep us updated.

Was the other guy at fault?

Old 11-09-2007, 10:29 AM

I hope your GF is OK.
If you post some pics, I can tell you right away if it is totalled

Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the heads up....and no it was my girfriends fault...she tried to fit through a hole not big enough for her. and i dont know if it is the best or worst part but she knew she wasent going to fit cuz there are marks on the road where she did a burnout launching to try to fit through. HMMM i wonder if she didnt spin if she would have made it??? lol. pics will be posted later today.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

get her some defensive driving lessons STAT!!!! I'm assuming that the lack of comment on her condition means that she's ok.

Damn man ..... such a great car too. What a shame.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Ya the girlfriend is fine just my pride and possibly pocket that is hurt. and ya the defensive driving course thing was the first thing that i told her when i got to the accident scene lol. and thanks for condolenceses on the car...if they total it im going to find another 6spd...i fell in love with this one.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:51 AM

if you do find another one at least you can put your parts on it. However, as long as there is no frame damage if it's just the rear quarter I doubt it will be totalled. You'd have to have something like (random guess from poor memory) 75% of the value of the car in damage. So you'd need at least $7,000 in damage to the car and so long as the frame is fine you're not going to reach that if it is just a rim and some rear damage.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:27 AM

nasty kinda funny you just posted that cuz i just climbed out from under the car. the entire rear tire assembly is bent including the upper shock tower. and there is definatelysubframe damage at and behind the rear tire. got hit so hard it threw the car jack out of its compartment to the other side of the trunk and were the jack used to be is now about a foot into my trunk.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM

It's totaled

Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I hate to be sexist, but it seems that women dont pay enough attention to whats goin on on the road..and either underestimate the situation or overestimate their abilities...

I wouldnt even let my own mother drive my car

Quick Reply: Wrecked 05' 6spd