Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

car speakers suddently stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Default RE: car speakers suddently stopped working

well i checked the deck and all the wires look good.
but i did discover that when i gave the passenger rear speaker a little tap, all the speakers would turn back on. but the slightest nudge on that speaker would shut them all back off. is this the wiring or a defective speaker?

Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Just a guess here but, maybe that voice coil is burnt and shorting out so the HU is going into a protection mode. I don't even think HUs have such protection, and if this was the case the fuse should blow. But taping it like means there is something loose. If the wiring was loose there than only that speaker would go out. But since they all go out it makes me think there is a short there, either at the coil or the wiring itself. But if there is a short there you should blow a fuse unless your headunit has a short circut protection. What headunit do you have?

Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 PM

i have a pioneer deh-2000. nothing very fancy

Old 10-29-2008, 10:21 AM
jondrewfoo
Unregistered

wow, i have this same exact problem, with the same head unit. it worked for half the night, not blaring, but now all the speakers are dead. i get a pop when the car comes on telling me they are getting power, and the head unit is playing music, just not to the speakers. it did this once before, and i messed with the door speaker and it fixed it, but that was with the stock speakers. any other ideas?

ok, now i just checked this thing out. i unpluged the right (pass side) rear speakerand then voila every speaker worked minus that one becuase it wasnt plugged in. i plug in that one, they all die again. i leave it unplugged, then close the trunk, prompting the power antenna to go up. as soon as that happens, it dies. all speakers dead again with that trick not working anymore. im totally lost now.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:20 PM

i fixed it awhile ago.
i just took out the speaker that wasnt working and wiggled the wires going from the woofer to the tweeters.
i guess there was a short in the speaker or something but everythings fine now