Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

install on 89 llx (UPDATE HELP NEEDED ASAP!!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Default install on 89 llx (UPDATE HELP NEEDED ASAP!!)

ok i have a 800 watt amp and sub and i would like to install them into my accord. i have a sony head unit in the car that came with it. what is the best route to run the cables? where should i run the power wire for the amp through the firewall? also will this hurt my alternator? i dont know what they are rated at and i dont wanna wear mine out in a hurry. i also dont wanna tear the whole dash apart so whats the easiest way to get access to the back of the cd player?

Old 02-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: system install on a 89 lx

mmm yea right under the glove box should be a good place to run the power and ground wires. then run the rca's and the remote wire to the head unit. run everything under the center console and under the carpet. take out the back seat and run it under there to the trunk. you should run a capacitor on the system if you dont want to put too much shock on it. but everything should be just fine even without.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:14 AM

yeah i dont have a cap laying around or i would put one on. i just have all this stuff laying around and the system that came in the car is awsome except for the bass department and i figured i would fix that. thanks for the help.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:52 AM

at idle your lights will definetly dim without a cap. You shouldnt have any problems as long as your battery has a good charge left in it.
At least you arent running a system with 3200 watts at a 1/2 ohm...... My friend did that, it was great to see his car almost die when the bass hit.
But yea, like light said, capacitor will help. If its a good 800watt amp you most likely will be pulling as much as the stock alternator can put out.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:55 AM

nope its only a cheapo so i highly doubt it is putting out what it says it is. i know in my caprice i have some major bass but in this case i just want a little bump. i have a little 10 inch sub that i will be using.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Default RE: install on 89 llx (UPDATE HELP NEEDED ASAP!!)

ok i got everything ready and now i went to unlock the seat back using the key hole on the deck and it wont turn all the way to the right. the key turns will little effort till right about where it should release the seat...it feels like there is a great amount of pressure on something. what should i do to get it to unlock? thanks for putting up with my stupid questions.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:39 PM

shake the seat a little and spray some graphite into the key lock. prolly just hasnt turned in so long. also, you may have unlocked the seats, they key doesnt actually release the seat it just allows for that **** onthe top of the seat to come up so the seat can swing forward.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:36 PM

ok this doesnt seem to be working...is there any way to manualy do it from inside the trunk? and no the lock hasnt moved in a LONG time. i have lubed the lock and i just dont know what else to do.