Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Is Car Wax required?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Default RE: Is Car Wax required?

Go to the first page in this thread. Go to my first post. Click on the link provided. Go to the bottom of the opening page and play the video.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i will never use a power tool to wax or buff my car........I do it by hand and this is the result

Name:  IMG00049.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  77.2 KB
Name:  IMG00053-1.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  165.2 KB

this is so slippery smooth that dirt litterally just glides off when you run water over it........

Old 07-09-2008, 05:21 PM

I picked up ICE Liquid Polish. I don't know what the difference is between wax and polish, but this is the result after two coats of the ICE polish and Turtle Wax liquid tire shine:
Name:  Car1.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  68.8 KB
Name:  car2.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  63.5 KB

You cant see it, but I was having difficulty with some spots on my hood, and trunk top. They looked like water spots, but they were really hard to get up and they streaked when I went over them with the cloth. Is that the sediment that you guys are talking about? Also, polishing the hood made me cringe because I noticed a lot more dings in the paint. >.<

Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Administrator

But your car does look good and its really shiney..be happy with what you did, cause you did good...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=bling.gif]

Old 07-11-2008, 01:14 AM

Yes.... another follower of the ICE products! high five!

i'll get some pictures tomorrow....ICE w// mothers wax. its looks ridic. at certain angles and its silver paint.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:16 AM

What leviathannwrote gives people a better understanding. And dish washing soap (Dawn) will strip a lot of the contaminents off the paint and old wax which will give you a better starting point. (but dont use dawn after you detail to wash your car again until your next detail) I`ve been datailing for years (im 38) I personally use Meguires Professional line(bottles are marked by numbers), Poorboys World (there product can be used in direct sunlight) there product is by far the easiest to apply and remove. Wolfgang is also a good product, Menzera has good polishes. A good detail is in the prep work and the amount of time your willing to put into your car. I use a DA (dual action) polisher made by Porter Cable. I can go on for hours talking but wont. Find something that works for you and stick with it. For me its more of a hobby. www.Autogeek.net has a lot of detailing supplys if anyone is interested. And when it comes to detailingyou should use Microfiber towels all the time.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:08 PM

wow...now i feel like im such a noob..LOL..

i do hand wash my car..i dont go through those automatic machine ones cuz IMO i do a better job than those car wash machines...

but wow..i just learned alot bout car cleaning...cuz what i do is just use Meguire's Deep Crystal Car Wash to wash my car and then use Meguires Cleaner Wax(paste)..and thats it...

lol could you guys also give me suggestions on cleaning..is it possible to just build up to what i have...i mean..would i need clay bars and stuff..i want mine to last long..cuz i think mine doesnt take long to get dirty..so i want my shine to stay..when it rains, i think my wax washes off..LOL...and then my car gets water spots and dirt and stuff...

Old 08-27-2008, 07:07 PM

putting on wet paint made my car kinda resist getting dirty.

it actualy did sit under this tree that had yellow pollen fall off all over the car, it seemed to stick to it, but wiping my finger over took it right off, but driving 80+ didn't clear it much at all...
then it rained for a few minutes, i came out after work and my car was all shiny and sparkly... at first i thought i was being punked or something cuz the car looked freshly washed. (obvoiusly a closer look told me it wasn't perfectly clean, but damn if it still didn't look good)

anyway, i'm sure with agood wax/glaze/polish/etc it tends to repel stuff

Old 08-27-2008, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: ford

wow...now i feel like im such a noob..LOL..

i do hand wash my car..i dont go through those automatic machine ones cuz IMO i do a better job than those car wash machines...

but wow..i just learned alot bout car cleaning...cuz what i do is just use Meguire's Deep Crystal Car Wash to wash my car and then use Meguires Cleaner Wax(paste)..and thats it...

lol could you guys also give me suggestions on cleaning..is it possible to just build up to what i have...i mean..would i need clay bars and stuff..i want mine to last long..cuz i think mine doesnt take long to get dirty..so i want my shine to stay..when it rains, i think my wax washes off..LOL...and then my car gets water spots and dirt and stuff...
Check out this thread for a product that really makes things easy. It is not a substitute for proper techniques but it is a time saver that produces specatuclar results.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/Wet...m_17070/tm.htm

Old 08-28-2008, 12:06 AM

yeah im thinking im gonna try this product too bro...what would happen if the car doesnt have clear coat im just wondering..=))

Quick Reply: Is Car Wax required?