Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

does anyone else here have breathing problems/headaches after using wet paint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Crono139
Unregistered
Default RE: does anyone else here have breathing problems/headaches after using wet paint?

Regular paint came to mind first for me, too.

It's also nice to be aware of any warnings prior to using a product. Just something to think about in the future.

WetPaintGlaze.com
36) From a health and safety standpoint, how does Wet Paint rate?

For a full technical evaluation of Wet Paint, click here or visit the MSDS page located elsewhere on this site. In broad terms, Wet Paint is a relatively safe product when handled appropriately. Unfortunately, almost any chemical product can be of some risk under the right circumstances. For that reason, certain precautions must be acknowledged and observed at all times.

For example, certain hypersensitive individuals may experience an allergic reaction to the petroleum-based solvents included in the Wet Paint formula. This may result in skin irritation from handling polish-laden towels, or dizziness, headache, eye irritation, anxiety, and/or respiratory distress from breathing vapors given off by the aerosol spray.

A pair of thin latex gloves will provide total protection against skin irritants, and the aftereffect of airborne vapors can be eliminated or reduced substantially either by increasing the flow of ventilation within a closed area, wearing a mask or respirator, or by polishing a vehicle outdoors.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Default RE: does anyone else here have breathing problems/headaches after using wet paint?

ooo, i see....
thanks for the help
should have read the warnings before using the product, lol

Old 06-05-2007, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: thunder_x
ive applied wet paint 3 times already
the first time i had no problems, but the 2nd time, i felt very dizzy and light headed and it was right after using wet paint, i guess it was because i inhaled it too much and stuff,
and today, my 3rd time using it, i tried to be more carefuly by not breathing in while spraying it, but i feel short of breath right now after using it
is there some kind of chemical in there that's bad for you?
It never bothered me because as my two older sons were applying the product I was inside the house enjoying a glass of iced tea....[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Thats hilarious! My dad says the same kinda thing when needing the yard mowed or any other ridiculous chore...."That's what I got you kids for".....I cant wait to have some little chore brats of my own. hahahahha

Old 07-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

just make sure you have plenty of ventilation....

and again, I see a need for a pissing match icon!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:53 PM

i dont get a headache from the product itself i think i get more of a headache being in my garage (pretty hot here in texas) and applying the stuff and only the first time

after the first application i want to put a second coat on but since its so hot i quit
for some reason it take me forever to do it

Old 07-17-2007, 04:04 PM

Heat will increase the amount of vapor that is given off and thus increase the chance of it affecting you....

I'm still waiting for one of those "discussions" to get down to straight up name calling, but oldschool names like scuz ball, poo head, or scum bucket... At which time I would have a major moral battle with myself, do I delete the post for forum policy or do I leave it and read it repeatedly whenever I need to laugh....? decisions decisions.... *L*