Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Maintaining the leather?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 02:47 PM
naccord06
Unregistered
Default Maintaining the leather?

Anybody have any advice on leather care? I just want to make sure it lasts as long
as possible. thanks

-C

Old 02-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Maintaining the leather?

absolutely outstanding question......! glad to hear you are concerned with it.....because if you dont squeak when you sit down into your chair.......then you arnt taking good enough care of your leather.

once a week.....

meguires leather care works great. take a damp clean cloth, and put a liberal amount of the cream on the cloth and dab it on different spots on the seat so you arnt moving around a huge glob in one area. jub rub it in...now there are certain areas that need to most care. the seats that need to most care are the ones that get the most use. the drivers seat always gets the most butts in it so that seat need the most amount of care. and.....the oils in your hair and stuff are no good on the leather, so make sure to get the headrests really good. and possibly the number one area that needs to most attention is the arm rest between the two fron seats.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:11 PM
naccord06
Unregistered

thanks for the advice. I've never owned a vehicle w/ leather before, but sure wish I had. I love it

Old 02-19-2006, 10:43 PM

Here's another alternative: http://www.lexol.com/
In days past I sold leather furniture for a nationwide chain store and they insisted on this for cleaning, softening, etc. It worked fine but I can't say that it's any better than any other brand out there. I wasn't too nuts about the smell of it but that could have changed by now......this was a while back.

Old 02-20-2006, 05:30 AM

Lexol is good stuff. I got some off of a friend that works at the porsche dealership and I dont know how it use to smell but it smells citrus-y now. I like it and it does a damn of a good job.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:29 AM

I agree with you i love lexol i use it on my couch.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:22 PM
TCHondatoy
Unregistered

So I am wondering. On the Accords how much of the "leather" is real? I remember reading something that states only the seating areas are real leather and the backings, headrests etc are all a vinyl material. So, if this is true would using Lexinol or a like product be beneficial since it's not really leather? Wouldn't using something like Armorol be a better choice?

Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 PM

Forget products not made for leather. All purpose stuff is just that, it works justok on many things but doesn't excel in any. Stick with Lexol or another brand name designed specifically for leather. Not the time to cheap out when it comes to the seats.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:28 PM
TCHondatoy
Unregistered

Okay, but let's say just the seating areas are real leather and everything else is vinyl. Should I really just apply the leather cleaner to the seating areas and the Armoral to the rest of the seats? I would think that the leather cleaner like Lexinol or whatever it's called wouldn't be beneficial at all to the vinyl? Thanks again

Old 11-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Hello TCHondatoy,

I use LEXOL on leather , and AEROSPACE 303 on Vinyl/Dash/etc (some people use Aerospace 303 on leather as well). They are both excellent products.

I stopped usingARMORALL many cars ago, just as like I stopped using FRAM oil filters.

Quick Reply: Maintaining the leather?