Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Simoniz System 5 and Future Wax Overs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Default RE: Simoniz System 5 and Future Wax Overs?

ORIGINAL: SHAWNB0Y

Simoniz System 5 is worth the money, because of the warranty that is included. have never seen anybody ever turned down for a claim. Try getting the hood of your car repainted for less than the cost of the warranty, it won't happen.
After 5 years your car will still look good, it won't fade faster, it won't stain easier. It just means the warranty ran out. No manufacturer has a warranty on there paint. That is why they arrive at the dealerships wrapped in plastic.

As far as what to use afterwards Simonize has a spray on wash off wax that is pretty simple to use if you want. I think its called diamond hard or something along those lines.

I'm not a chemical engineer nor a lawyer so I can't rebuff the comments like "Teflon to be of benifit has to bond to the paint and the temperatures required to do that are higher than the paint can endure" and I am sure a physicist that got paid a ton of money to create this product probably would have seen that coming.
I wonder where he works? Sounds like either a car salesman or a Simoniz rep. Simoniz lost all credibility when it started lending its name to rebrand product for sale.

To the OP ... do what the dealer said ... nothing ... that way you get to exercise all the warranty and come back and let us know how it went ..

If you put something over it .. thats thier out ..YOU ruined the system.

What I would do .. ( keeping in mind I would never had it applied ) is bite the bullet ... let the system stay on the car for a few months .. see how it goes .. if your happy .. leave it alone ... if not put a "good" sealant over it.

BTW if you happen to have already done it and used a wax with any form of cleaners in it yhr system is gone anyway.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

In all honesty I don't think it matters what type of wax you use on it. A good carnauba would certainly add to the look and protect as well. Don't believe the load they are feeding you about not doing anything for five years.

Here's a review I did on one recently and it turned out to be worth the price:

http://elitecm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=74
Good review .. one adder .. its a great topper ... very short life .. moreso on a darker colored car and moreso again if you live where the temperatures get over 80F.... heat just kills it. But who cares .. its so easy .. and looks so good you can do a coat after a wash in 30 min.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:24 AM

very short life
Care to explainhow you could possibly know that??It's a brand new product andhasn't even been out long enough for a durability test. Where I live 80 degrees means it's the dead of winter and so far sun/heat has only helped the surface feel smoother and look deeperas the product cures.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:18 PM

very short life
Care to explainhow you could possibly know that??It's a brand new product andhasn't even been out long enough for a durability test. Where I live 80 degrees means it's the dead of winter and so far sun/heat has only helped the surface feel smoother and look deeperas the product cures.
\

Common knowledge ... higher the carnuba .. lower the life expextancy .. and 38% is pretty high ... Marketed as 100%? carnuba ... 100% carnuba is rock hard.,

Old 05-02-2008, 08:46 AM

I don't buy that. The Collinite family of waxes are relatively high in 'Nuba but are renowned for their longevity, six months and more in real world usage. The 100% Carnauba means that this particular P21S product uses 100% Carnauba in it without beeswax, paraffin wax or other fillers like the original. It is plainly stated for anyone that takes the time to look it up. Since you have never used the product I take your boldstatement that it has "a very short life" with a pound of salt.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:48 AM

Isn't this a statement you made in your review?

Durablity of this product is limited. I have seen about 6-8 weeks out of it tops.

And posted above;

It's a brand new product andhasn't even been out long enough for a durability test.

Kind of contradictory?

And by the looks of the cars in your review I doubt the majority of them sit out in the elements 24/7. Or would they be washed a couple times a week .

BTW I am very familiar with marketing terminology.... 38% carnuaba on the jar won't sell as many jars as 100% will.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 PM

My opinion may be a little skewed since I sell the service (yes you can probably buy the stuff on ebay and DIY for cheaper, just make sure its the real dealer grade stuff... and make certain your car is free from swirl marks or water spots or it WILL seal them in).... The product takes about 72 hours to fully "cure" after which time you can not remove it. I have put this stuff on mouse pads, cd's and seen it put on the plastic of cell phones and it did make a difference. I took the mouse pad and the cd and ran water over them and one side beaded up/ran off the other side held the water. I've seen cars that have had it one for 2-3 years and it still beads up the water.

Does it work? based on my experince I'd say it does.

Is it worth $300 (or whatever they charge...): Only if you can't get it yourself and do it (keep in mind you won't get the 5 year warranty if you do it yourself)

Is it better than waxing? Nope, just lasts longer

Final opinion: great product, it does work but you can just as easily wax your car once a month and get basically the same results. By getting it from the dealer you simply get the 5 year warranty.

ok RTexas you've been doing this stuff far longer than me so don't kick my rear to hard over these statements *L* This is simply what I have personally witnessed.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Jesstzn

Durablity of this product is limited. I have seen about 6-8 weeks out of it tops.

And posted above;

It's a brand new product andhasn't even been out long enough for a durability test.

Kind of contradictory?

And by the looks of the cars in your review I doubt the majority of them sit out in the elements 24/7. Or would they be washed a couple times a week .

BTW I am very familiar with marketing terminology.... 38% carnuaba on the jar won't sell as many jars as 100% will.

I have no idea where you got that. Quote from the review: Durability - unknown at this point. It is brand new so durability is unknown. I stated in the review the cars are garage queens and only get filled up with fuel once a month. Isn't it obvious they don't sit out in the elements??? DUH!

You are the one that popped off about 100% carnauba being hard as a rock. I was merely explaining their terminology to you since you didn't bother to look it up. Then you say you are familar with marketing? It appears all you want to do here is irritate people. The only time you come out is when I post something to do with detailing so you can derail or contradict it. I've been here a number of years and tried to assist folks with what has worked for me and what hasn't. Why don't you do the same instead of picking petty crap out of context to harp on? The more the merrier providing they are willing to contribute to the forum overall. Try it you'll like it.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

My opinion may be a little skewed since I sell the service (yes you can probably buy the stuff on ebay and DIY for cheaper, just make sure its the real dealer grade stuff... and make certain your car is free from swirl marks or water spots or it WILL seal them in).... The product takes about 72 hours to fully "cure" after which time you can not remove it. I have put this stuff on mouse pads, cd's and seen it put on the plastic of cell phones and it did make a difference. I took the mouse pad and the cd and ran water over them and one side beaded up/ran off the other side held the water. I've seen cars that have had it one for 2-3 years and it still beads up the water.

Does it work? based on my experince I'd say it does.

Is it worth $300 (or whatever they charge...): Only if you can't get it yourself and do it (keep in mind you won't get the 5 year warranty if you do it yourself)

Is it better than waxing? Nope, just lasts longer

Final opinion: great product, it does work but you can just as easily wax your car once a month and get basically the same results. By getting it from the dealer you simply get the 5 year warranty.

ok RTexas you've been doing this stuff far longer than me so don't kick my rear to hard over these statements *L* This is simply what I have personally witnessed.
I've no quibble with it working because it is a top gradesealant. My gripe is the misinformation thatsome dealers sell along with it....and the outrageous price.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Jesstzn

I appologize ... the durability was quoted from someone who did a pretty comprehensive review.

see this link http://www.autopia.org/forum/detaili...ba-review.html apparantly its been out long enough to outlast its durability.

I have no idea where you got that.
You are the one that popped off about 100% carnauba being hard as a rock. I was merely explaining their terminology to you since you didn't bother to look it up. Then you say you are familar with marketing? It appears all you want to do here is irritate people. The only time you come out is when I post something to do with detailing so you can derail or contradict it. I've been here a number of years and tried to assist folks with what has worked for me and what hasn't. Why don't you do the same instead of picking petty crap out of context to harp on? The more the merrier providing they are willing to contribute to the forum overall. Try it you'll like it.

I don't see where I was popping off .. you posted a link to your review .. I complimented you on your review and just added it has a short life .. thats when you started ..

I don't come here to cause issues .. but to add another perspective .. sometimes the weekend warrior doesn't want to or cant afford to spend $55 for a topper etc.

BTW I don't need to look up the terminology I knew what they meant by 100% ... a lot don't and I was pointing out reality.

All of a sudden I'm the villan for pointing out it has a short life .. in other words its a great topper but if you want a topper that lasts a lot longer look elswhere. [sm=smiley20.gif]