Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Wax for Nighthawk Black Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Default Wax for Nighthawk Black Pearl

Anyone have a favorite wax for my 06 Nighthawk Black Pearl Accord? I washed and waxed this weekend using Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax. I was not impressed with it. Granted it was by hand without a buffer, but I didn't think the shine was very good and I had a hard time with getting it buffed to look good. I tried both light and heavy applications in different places, and just didn't think it worked well.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I wondered if maybe it was just the color. Thoughts?

Old 07-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Wax for Nighthawk Black Pearl

Here is one of the very best products I have ever used and got the best results out of it immeadiatly...
www.wetpaintglaze.com go there and read every page..take the time to do that, then e-mail me if you still have questions...also you can talk with RTexasF by e-mail, he's the one who turned me on to the products..

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-11-2006, 10:28 AM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Well??

Old 07-12-2006, 03:29 AM
Administrator

If it ever stops raining here I will take some pictures of that brilliant shine.

I'm going to go and put on the 2nd coat of Wet Paint starting today.
The beads of water just roll off the windows while driving in the rain, they look like little ball bearing rolling up the windows...what a product Tex...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 07-12-2006, 04:33 PM

I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to be the first person to say that I purchased a combo pack of the Wet Paint Glaze and so far I'm not impressed. The spray applicator is nice, however, I am not very impressed with the results. I have tried by hand and with an orbital buffer, I have varied the amount used to see if I was using too much, and no amount of tweaking does as nice a job (and buffs as clean) as the Mothers Liquid Cleaner and Wax I have been using. I have not given up on it yet, however, so I may change my mind yet...

Old 07-12-2006, 07:29 PM

By all means let 'er rip. There's no product made where everyone is 100% thrilled with it.
What is it that disappoints you? Cleaning ability? Shine? What?

Old 07-17-2006, 12:24 PM

Well, it's really hard to say. The polishing effect doesn't seem to be consistent if that makes sense. In other words, the "wet look" was somewhat splotchy... I thought I might not have shaken the product up well enough... tried it... but it did the same thing. I've got to get some more terry cloth bonnets for my buffer... I ran out... once I get some more I'll be trying it again. [8D]

Old 07-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Hey you're in luck! Another driver with your paint color responded.

Paul from Pembroke Pines, Florida sent us four dazzling photos of his prize Honda Accord that were taken last March. Also included was this ringing product endorsement:

"I just wanted to drop you folks a note of appreciation! I just finished cleaning my 2006 Nighthawk Black Pearl Honda Accord with Wet Paint and I am still amazed at how well your product works!!! I've been using Wet Paint since February and it just keeps on getting better. I was a little skeptical at first that WP could do everything as promised, but it keeps on impressing me. Here's a couple of pictures of my Black Beauty. Keep up the good work!"
Image: http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/images/...arView2_sm.jpg

Old 07-18-2006, 04:26 PM

That fella is from Driveaccord.net. He bought Wet Paint on my recommendation and got his car's picture on the WP website. I logged out from driveaccord never to return but there are some great pictures there of "Wet Painted" cars including the one above.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: nixalot

Well, it's really hard to say. The polishing effect doesn't seem to be consistent if that makes sense. In other words, the "wet look" was somewhat splotchy... I thought I might not have shaken the product up well enough... tried it... but it did the same thing. I've got to get some more terry cloth bonnets for my buffer... I ran out... once I get some more I'll be trying it again. [8D]
Are you applying it with bonnets, removing it with bonnets or both? I'm asking because I've never known anyone less than thrilled with the outcome and I'm trying to figure out why/what is happening in your case.

Quick Reply: Wax for Nighthawk Black Pearl