Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

FLA Newbie 95 Accord LX w/Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

it is closer to the firewall than those pics you took show.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 PM

here is an internet picture I grabbed

Old 04-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Cool, I got it! It took me a minute tho and I couldn't get these pics up for some reason. Here are some pics... there was a lot more gunk in there before I took the pictures ... I'm probably going to finish cleaning up the leaves and grease (engine clean is another job on the list) and then replace everything and see if it'll work!

Old 04-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Well, that was unsuccessful. I guess I'll go to the junkyard on monday and see if I can pull one off another honda. I hope it's just the sensor that's the problem!

Doing an oil change now ... 4 quarts I hope, lol. And since I'm under the streetlight, wash and wax.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:05 PM

Yea cleaning the VSS rarely works but was worth a shot.

My money is on the VSS sensor being bad.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Cool. Just finished the oil change, going to adjust timing (by rotating the dizzy) because it is still idleing kind of low. THEN it's wash n wax time!!! My fav

If I can get out to the junkyard monday and replace that thing, I'll update the forum! Until later ...

Old 04-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Update

Hey guys. Found a VSS in an Accord at the junkyard (U-pull it). It was $6.99. Put it in - works perfectly! Odometer also working now. I haven't tested it yet with the GPS on my phone, but I will tonight at work. I have a great app called Hudy that shows your speed, direction, etc. It has a function that allows you to have a mirrored image of your current speed so that you can set it on your dash and see your speed "hovering" in the windshield (HUD). My '89 Nissan Maxima had that built in. Awesome.

Also got a couple of ECU pins from that same Accord, so I'm ready to hook up the VTEC on Saturday when I have time.

Took the door apart and wiggled the connections, and now the window works fine. The door lock actuator is broken, tho ... so I took it apart and it looks like the plastic pieces may have broken or the spring isn't working properly, so I'm going to mess with the spring first. If I still have no luck, then I'll superglue the plastic pieces. If that doesn't work, then I'll have to give in and buy a new one.

Finally, spark plugs. Given the fact that the engine is still not known exactly, I'm in kind of a bind here. I would just pull out the ones in there now and get those, but given the fact that some idiot had worked on this car (which is why I got it so cheap), I'm not going to risk that they might have got the plugs wrong too. There is a dude at Autozone who rebuilds Honda engines in his apartment, and I think that he could probably help ...

Oh, and I gotta change the MT oil. I was going to go with synthetic, but after researching the web, it seems that Honda's MTF is the way to go. So that should keep me occupied for the next week!

It's nice having BOTH windows down, but I can't because some MEGA wildfire is blowing into town ... hope we don't have another huge accident on the interstate (big one earlier this year caused by smoke in G'ville took 11 lives and stayed in national headlines for a week). OK, now I'm just rambling. LOT's of coffee in my system ... later guys.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:02 PM

I am glad you are getting it together.

Imagine there was no internet, you would have 100x's the work to get it running.

My Fridge was giving me trouble recently, a little searching on the internet found the answer, took it apart, fixed the problem, and now it works great.

I love the internet!