Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

H22 Internals In f22b2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Supper Moderator

yes ppl don't know the true poetical of F22a engines. Now the f22b1/2 heads are for crap. If you don't know then search for that answer. Not to be mean but like your sig says "learning to mod" that is the truth. If you want to upgrade a cam and not your valve train that's all up to you. You car your engine. But with ppl who know how the inside of our engines work most likely would not take the risk of head damage for a $130 cam regrind. I mean I get it if it's a weekend driver or something then yeah it will be fine. But if it's your DD you might want to reconsider your valve train. Yes the valve train will handle the stress but not as long as you think it will.

Now you are trying to compare 3.5 lbs of boost per cyl to a larger valve lift cam. That makes NO sense what’s so ever. Yes your pistons and cyl walls can handle 3.5lbs of pressure. F series block all day long have close to 80% iron on the cyl walls. Then a thin layer of aluminum. So trying to compare boost pressure to valve lift s like saying I'm going to pop my shoulder out of place while hitting a brick wall be4 my hand will break. It's a really bad comparison of the two. But like I said be4 you car your engine...I'm only here to help guide you in the right direction. If you don't want to take my advice that's 110% your choice. Hope everything goes well for you.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
ohh it can be done. anything can be done just depends how long it will last. I'm really shocked that his lasted as long. My boy used the same cam profile from delta and did some damage to his rockers. I guess they might have been on the way out anyways
Delta grinds the bottom of the lobe to create higher lift which is why they are so cheap. I want to say bisimoto uses a hardweld. I am not sure of the process of grinding cams.

I don't have any damage to my rockers and everything is in good shape. My head was redone about 2 months ago from a blown head gasket and the machine shop said everything was in supreme shape for having that many miles on it. Now even though I am not running good springs, I still highly recommend you get a set of Bisimoto springs. Speaking of Bisimoto, GET HIS CAM. It may not be has high of a profile as a delta, but it will be a known good cam JUST FOR THE F22A instead of some generic regrind to simply give more lift. When I build what I call F22.5 (F23a1 block, k20a3 pistons, F22a head) I will be for sure going with a level 2 bisimoto cam and some better springs.

Just remember man, don't go the VERY cheapest route on your build. Find cheap but name brand stuff like Bisimoto to do your build. If you dont know who I am talking about, he has one of the fastest Honda all motor singles in the US. Guess what motor.....F22A.

Last edited by Shag Wagon; 01-28-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Supper Moderator

not to mention his f22a is running in the 9's while only making 455hp N/A
Bisi is the way to go if you have the cash to spend. That guy is a pure genius when it comes to building engines. I second on the recordation of buying Bisi's cam over delta. Now delta will also weld and grind too depending on the spec cam you want. Why deta is cheaper is b/c they grind down the groves of the cams to add lift.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Newest Of Newbies

yeah I do believe you guys. well, the cam should be here ny tomorrow nut instead of doing a port and polish, Ihave been thinking. My friend is selling an H23 head in perfect shape. I think you have done the g23 right? how compatible is that head to my block. its not Vtec so I dont need to run an oil line right? I think thats better investment than what I was going to put in my head. Ill just run the crap out of my head while I build the H23 head. But can I actually put that head on my block? what heads will fit it nicely?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Supper Moderator

yes it will fit but you do need to do some work. Go on cb7tuner.com there is a few really good write up's over there. The h23 head is much easier to swap than the h22 head.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Ive been checking out the posts and it seems everyone would stillopt for the f22a head. I know its cheaper and way easier to find. My pick and pull is full of cb7s and I could get one easily. you think thats a better way to go?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Supper Moderator

well the f22a head has the ideal valve angle. Me personally I would do the g22 swap..but that's me. Some will argue they aren’t as reliable as the factory engine and I agree to a point. But the thing about g22 engines set up's is if you blow the block out...they are a dime a dozen. The G is great for boost. B/c of the rock solid block and they are cheap. When having DOHC head you have a extra cam you can tune. It's a tossup really. I mean I'm in the works of building a g22 vtec as we speak. But I would not mind building a all motor single slammer tho. If you can get a H series head on the cheap it would be worth doing IMO. But if you have to spend more than 200bucks for the head. Just build a f22a B/c you can make same good power with OEM parts and a few bolt ons you can make close to h22 power and cheaper than a h22 swap.
What I would recommend to you is...start saving money and do a crap ton of research on cb7tuner.com be4 you make up your mind on what engine you want to build.