Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

how can i make my engine rev up quicker?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: how can i make my engine rev up quicker?

maybe you shouldnt kill anymore cars? i mean seriously, how old are you?

Old 06-17-2006, 01:33 PM

hahaha actually im 19 (just a kid [8D] )
________
Sc2 Replay

Last edited by no_doz; 03-11-2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:25 PM

youve had 10 cars..... and youre only 19........... thats sad, ive had 2 and only one of them died over 10 years............ maybe you shouldnt own a car? not that the junkyards dont thank you ^_-

Old 06-18-2006, 03:50 AM

actually you're very wrong, ive only had to junk 1 of my vehicles and that was because it was sold to someone that left it on the property for a long time after being wrecked in the winter, actually all of my vehicles are still up and running as far as i know, its just fun to get something different & learn about it.
________
Bmw m106 history

Old 06-18-2006, 05:41 AM

Just a thought.........why not buy something a bit nicer that's in good condition instead of a lot full of rustbuckets one at a time?

Old 06-18-2006, 05:52 AM

learn about it....... so, how many cars did it take to realize you can apply 80% of what you learned from one car to just about every car?

Old 06-18-2006, 09:30 AM

to be honest that hasnt really been the case, japanese 4 cylinders-american 4 cylinders-japanese v6's-american v6s-american v8s- new/old arent very similar when you get right down to it, even though some concepts and methods of operation are the same. also, i dont buy "something a bit nicer", because i dont have the money for such a thing.

ps, the differences between a 60 degree v6 and a honda vtec f22b1 are a LOT more than 20%
________
Vapor genie vaporizer

Old 06-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Now that's the best idea about the Pontiac, then you could tow that Honda around and save on the gas milage..

WheelbrokerAng
ORIGINAL: no_doz

haha thanks for the advice ls, but i might as well go buy a fiero and put a 350 in it lol.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:22 AM

that 20% is how they designs are different, other then the cam and the fact its an aluminum block, your telling me that gas doesnt ignite in the same way forcing the piston to rotate a crank? Every vehicle runs within the same limits that nature has created, if you cant take what you learned from one car and apply 80% of it to the next car, then you didnt learn enough of it from the previous car. All cars are held together by bolts, welds, and in some cases high grade adhesive, and they all will strip down the same in the end. Is a honda engine the same as every other engine? no, and im not even saying that, but most cars run on a 4 stroke engine you just change the number of cylinders and the need for a harmonic balancer or at least the location that its placed.
You may view my saying 20% as underestimating a lot of cars, but when you know everything about one car youve elimited a hell of a lot that you would need to learn about the next car.

Btw, how a car works, and how it drives are two seperate catagories.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:18 PM

by operation, i meant the operation of the 4 stroke combustion engine...

also, there are a lot more things to consider when you look at the differences between motors, not just "change the number of cylinders and the need for a harmonic balancer", things like types of intakes, orientation of cylinders (pancake motors, 60*/90* motors, I-motors, etc...), drastically different types of transmissions, firing pattern, number of spark plugs, different little misc components such as crank positioning sensors, and a whole lot more. i do agree with you on the fact that a lot of things that are true with one engine, are true for -most- others, otherwise mechanics would have to go to school and learn about every single car that they may come across, but saying that their differences are only about 20% is just exaggerating a little much. alright guys, i gotta get headed out, happy fathers day!

js
________
Marijuana Indica

Last edited by no_doz; 03-11-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Quick Reply: how can i make my engine rev up quicker?