Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

What could it be?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 10:06 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Angry What could it be?

Hello:
I have a 2009 honda accord v4 lx-p with me and yesterday my car behaved very strangely. I was coming to freeway to a traffic light stop and suddenly my check engine light came ON and VSA light as well. I remembered few days ago the gas cap didnt clicked properly as well. I have very less experience related to car mechanics and dynamics but the car was loosing power, the brake felt a little harder. I also felt that the engine was shaking a little more than what it used to.

One another strage thing that happened was that when I stopped the car in the traffic light in drive mode with brake it wanted to push (like jerk) ahead. In addition when I leave the car in the parking lot the rpm would come down and car shut down.

I have not checked the engine code and might check it tonight but depending on what I have shared, what could be the issue? any suggestion?

Also my car is burning oil and I checked the engine level it was low so I re-filled it again as what I used to in the past but the problem is still on..