Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

where to buy a good reman head

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:36 AM

I am not asking where to find suppliers, I have found serveral, but I am asking for a reliable supplier. Someone with a good reputation or someone who has had a good experience.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by nsilta
OK, I am giving up on this site. It does not appear to function as a forum but rather a site for a select few (site moderator) who like to listen to themselves talk. Your advice has been useless. hmotorsonline is not what I am looking for. To repeat my question and I don't care how many times you have used junkyard heads on your accord, "I am looking for a head rebuilder or remanufactured head seller". Why would you have to do your own accord a few times? It tells me pulling a junk yard head may not be the most effective repair or you have a bazillion miles on your accord.

w/e dude I was trying to help you out were you saved time and money. Iv been in this honda game longer than I have had a drivers license. But you obviously don't want anyone else help. so have fun doing it by yourself. Your not going to find much if ANY feedback on buying a head. 99% OF THE PPL DON"T WANT BOUGHT THEY WANT BUILT THEM SELFS….like I said 2 times already. I told you the best way to do this that would not kill your pocket and get your car back on the road. but w/e no one else has input for you but me.... so good luck dude! You seem like one of thos ppl who thinks if it has over 100k on the engine that it’s no good…well wake up bro. Iv built engines that have had 200k on the clock and didn’t refresh them much if at all and built and abused without a prob. Since you don’t want to take anyone else advice that know what they are doing…then you go right ahead and figure it out on your own. I’m done with your thread…bye bye

Old 03-16-2011, 04:54 PM

OK, OK, you got the same grease under your finger nails from the first time you tore your honda apart. I get it and I'm proud of you. I don't know how long you have had your drivers license but I prolly have shoes older then you.
As far as understanding engine life, I know a bit about it. I own 4 cars and three have over 100k, my chevy truck has 210,000 and by the way, I rebuild the heads on it at 160,000. The difference in the chevy and this accord is the accord head is bad. In the essence of time in this discussion I didn't note previously that I don't have access to many junk yards because I live in rural Alaska. I have already checked for available heads with what's around here, nothing available. If I look in Anchorage, the cost of shipping a head from there without me inspecting it first is nearly the cost of buying a rebuild from what I hoped this forum would provide me, which is a reputable supplier. Thats all I'm asking. If I had a decent head right now, I would use it or rebuild it. I don't understand why you think your way is the only way. I am looking for advice, that's why I'm here, it's just that yours is not advice I can use. It looks like I will be doing it without your help, sir.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Supper Moderator

I know you looking for advice but you not getting what I'm saying. You pretty much aren’t going to find anyone to give you a place to buy a head. NO dose that really...everyone builds. That the point I was making. That why I said get a pick n pull head. OK I see your in a area that you can get a head. You didn't prove that info be4. So I'm assuming (sorry that I did) that you have a pick n pull or junk yard in your area. I know your question you ask..and I understand it. But I was trying to HELP you out where you would not have to deal with all of that mess. Tryin to make it easy on you. Honestly I don't know a single person who has bought a head...Iv been in the honda game since I built my 1st h23 vtec back in 02 and I was like 15 at the time. Yes you do prob. have shoes older than me. But that's neither hear or there...

But back on topic. The best place I know to get engines and they are well known is hmotorsonline.com but I'm not even sure if they have f22bx heads for sale. They are all imported JDM engines. You best bet it to just try and place and buy one. You will prob. be one of the 1st ppl to do it on our forum. I have heard off bullfrog??? I think is the name...but your looking at a built head not just a stock head. Your also looking at a built price too. If you have any shops in your area they should have a dealer who they can buy heads and parts from...they should. If you get to the desperate point and you really need a head...I can snag one and ship it t you. Not sure the price but if it's something you just can't get your hands on I would be willing to help you out. My pick n pull is FUL of accords I mean full. So if it comes down to it...PM me and we talk details.