General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

06 Accord door lock and window doesn’t work

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 03:27 PM
Default 06 Accord door lock and window doesn’t work

I have an 06 Accord and a little over a year ago my rear driver side door doesn’t lock electrictronicly, manually only. Now recently the same door window doesn’t work. Any information would be appreciated
When operating driver’s door master switch for said window you hear a click coming window switch

Last edited by Wiley Coyote; 06-26-2021 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

These could be 2 unrelated problems, since they happened at different times. The only way to verify the issue is to do some electrical testing to identify the root cause. Do you have a volt mete or a 12V test light?

Does the window switch on the rear driver's door operate the window?

Old 06-27-2021, 09:55 AM

I do have a test light. The window will not work by drivers or rear passenger switch. There was one wire live yellow with red going to the rear passenger door that was the only live wire

Old 06-27-2021, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

I'd remove the driver's rear door panel. Unplug the electrical connector to the window motor. It should have 2 wires maybe on a 4-pin connector. The wire colors are blu/blk and red/wht. Unplug the connector. Test on the harness side and not the window motor side. Hook your test light to a good ground. Push the window switch up, and one of the 2 wires should have 12V and light up the test light. Push the window switch down, and the other wire should have 12V.

Do the same exercise for the door lock actuator. It will have 2 wires going to the connector that are yel/blk and yel. Yel/blk will have 12V when you hit the lock button, yel will have 12V when you hit the unlock button.

The next step will depend on your results from your test.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:48 AM

Tested both wires for window and neither one is live while switch is activated up or down, I would imagine that it is drivers master switch

Old 06-27-2021, 11:49 AM

Can you tell me how to test master switch

Old 06-27-2021, 12:01 PM

Which wires to test for the rear passenger window and door lock

Old 06-27-2021, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

The driver's master switch is difficult to test, because the switch sends a signal to the door multiplex unit, then the door multiplex unit sends the voltage/ground to each door. This is all integrated into the driver's door master switch. Hope this makes sense.

Testing further downstream will tell you if the window motor or the door lock actuator went out. If that rear driver's door is used a lot, you may want to look at the harness entering the door for signs of obvious wire damage.

Old 06-27-2021, 12:56 PM

Thank You for the information, I will keep at it

Old 07-01-2021, 07:59 AM

Found 2 broken wires in the middle of the accordion rubber boot between rear passenger door and center column. Both problems solved!😎

Quick Reply: 06 Accord door lock and window doesn’t work