General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1992 Accord wont start -- no spark.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

When you checked for engine codes, did your D4 light start flashing codes?

If the check engine light stays turned on, and the car does not start, I would lean towards a fault ECU. Unless the D4 light (TCU codes) are indicating a problem.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:20 PM
crw
Newest Of Newbies

I checked codes on the cel and nothing flashed any codes. What is the D4 light? Is this for the transmission. My car is a 5 speed standard.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

It is starting now, correct?

Kind of hard to find the issue when it is working. Double check the ground on the t-stat housing...clean/tight.

For now, hope for the best. If it comes back, get to the connector on the fuel pump or at least the wire out of the relay (YEL) to the pump....check for voltage when the key is turned to "on".

Last edited by poorman212; 12-16-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
When you checked for engine codes, did your D4 light start flashing codes?

If the check engine light stays turned on, and the car does not start, I would lean towards a fault ECU. Unless the D4 light (TCU codes) are indicating a problem.
he stated in his first post he has a 5 speed.

Originally Posted by crw
I checked codes on the cel and nothing flashed any codes. What is the D4 light? Is this for the transmission. My car is a 5 speed standard.
D4 lights are for Automatic transmissions so since you have a manual transmission you don't have a D4 light

Old 12-17-2011, 06:15 PM
crw
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by poorman212
It is starting now, correct?

Kind of hard to find the issue when it is working. Double check the ground on the t-stat housing...clean/tight.

For now, hope for the best. If it comes back, get to the connector on the fuel pump or at least the wire out of the relay (YEL) to the pump....check for voltage when the key is turned to "on".
I'm sure the problem isn't fixed yet. If/when it does it again I will do more checks and let you know what I find.
Thanks,
CRW

Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM
dob

I'm having similar problems with 91 accord lx, have already replaced timing belt, water pump, distributor, main relay, fuel filter and pump and new gas tank and this car will run for a while and at times I will see a flash on dashboard telling all doors and trunk are open.. have replace lights thinking this would solve the problem, but it hasn't. This car will start and after making a short trip will not start again ...have had to tow it twice ...ready to drive off into a lake...

Old 12-21-2011, 09:03 PM
crw
Newest Of Newbies

I hate dealing with electrical problems. They can be so hard to track down to the source of the problem. Don't know if this will help with your problem but here is a pretty good link I found for trouble shooting some of the problems I have been having.

Main Relay Fix, Troubleshooting (Honda, Acura) and how to solder

Old 12-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Check the ground on the t-stat housing to be sure it is clean and tight.

Also when it dies, leave the key on, check for 12v at the BLK/YEL wire at the dist.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:22 PM

hello every one i have a 92 accord with a no spark issue ive changed plug ,wires,dist,coil,main relay cel stays on 2sec when key is turned on wiers under the t-stat are clean and tight please someone help im lost. And i also replaced ignition harness that comes from the fuse box

Old 04-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

With key on, are you getting voltage to the dist-BLK/YEL wire?

Are there any stored codes in the ecu/tcu?

Any recent work done to the car?

Quick Reply: 1992 Accord wont start -- no spark.