General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1993 honda accord master cylinder leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 09:53 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 1993 honda accord master cylinder leak

I have a leak, and i see its coming from the line going to the master cylinder to where both lines meet below the master cylinder. Does anyone know if i can just buy a pair of these lines? I am going all over the internet and cannot find them . Anyone have suggestions?

Old 05-09-2020, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Can you post a picture, because I'm not sure where you see the leak. Sites like hondapartsnow.com should at least give you the part number, but a 1993 may have discontinued parts, where you have to search the aftermarket.

I'd also suggest cleaning the lines of brake fluid, then spraying with something like athlete's foot powder from where the powder is stained.. Then see where you get staining. Sometimes leaks occur at points higher than where you see it dripping and can lead you down the wrong path.

I've rarely read about brake line failures inside the engine bay, so you may consider going to a u-pull-it junkyard to get replacement parts or maybe ebay. You can also try bending your own brake tubing, but you will need to get a flare tool to press the ends of the brake line, so it seals.

Definitely verify the leak location first. Also avoid driving if possible. If you need to drive, always check the brake fluid level and have a bottle with you at all times to top off when needed.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I cannot post a photo, but i can describe what i am talking about. The brake master cylinder has 2 metal lines , facing the passenger side, they go to into something called a pro portioning valve. It is the end of the line that is going into this valve. If i remove the brake master cylinder , besides unbolting it from the firewall, these 2 lines must be removed. The lines are fine at the top of the master cylinder, it is where they are connected below, is where the problem is.
And yes, i check the fluid level every time i get in the car, and keep a bottle of fluid in the car.
Thank you for the reply!

Old 05-09-2020, 05:44 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by tomp
I have a leak, and i see its coming from the line going to the master cylinder to where both lines meet below the master cylinder. Does anyone know if i can just buy a pair of these lines? I am going all over the internet and cannot find them . Anyone have suggestions?
If you have a 2nd vehicle, I'd suggest removing them and going to your nearest auto parts shop, and see if they can match them up for length and fittings.