General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 Honda Accord sedan ex front brakes locking up

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 12:36 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
Ok let me get this straight. You have changed the brakes, calipers and hoses and you're still have locked brakes? Something is not right. Your abs light should only effect the abs system, unless the abs system is engaging then it's not your issues. Did you bled the system when changing the calipers? Have you changed your half shafts before and put the non abs shafts in?
Yup, and yes I bled the brakes and I only bought this car recently. It has to have something to do with the ABS. Like I just tried to drive 2 miles to a park and works fine the first mile then at the end of the second mile the front brakes start locking up and gets worse then there like fully locked up so i had to stop and wait can smell the pads burning so i can try and get back home. And had to stop too more times then walked home waited a hour or more then went back and drove my car the rest of the way home and it worked perfectly fine.

Last edited by Casey Lembo; 12-03-2020 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Try this...

And let us know if the pedal adjustment was correct or if you had to make some adjustment.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Which wheel(s) is(are) locking? Is it just one wheel or several? If only one wheel, then something is wrong on the hydraulics to that wheel. If on several, then something more universal like the hydraulic cylinder or something upstream.

Old 01-06-2021, 12:16 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Okay so I was testing if I could get the brakes so stop dragging and locking up and I unscrewed one one of the brake line lock nuts that where it's connected to master cylinder and the brakes released and stopped locking up. So I think the means the brake booster push rod needs to be adjusted. So I guess that's what I will do cuz I'm at a loss at what else other than that it could be other the master cylinder itself.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Casey Lembo and mrhappyface - please keep the discussion cordial. This site works best when members are trying to each other out. Arguments will not be tolerated, and I will ban folks if they habitually argue.

This thread is at 40 posts, so it is easy to miss items.

Casey - To me, the lines are good since the brakes released when you opened the line at the master cylinder. When the brakes are locked up, I would disconnect the pushrod from the brake pedal (I know it is kind of a pain) and see if the brakes release. If they do not, then I'd say the issue is with the master cylinder (you haven't replaced it, correct?). Jim Blake also posted and adjustment procedure for the pedal.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

You both were warned, because your g**s response escalated the argument. Any more attacks from either of you will result in a ban of the offender.

On a positive note, If the discussion returns to the tone expected on this site, then we are all good.