General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 4 cylinder accord loss in electrical components mostly on the front pass side

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Default 2003 4 cylinder accord loss in electrical components mostly on the front pass side

So I just bought my 2003 Honda Accord off my cousin who told me minor problems with the car I got it in my possession at 10:40 pm on the 17th and have been working on it all day trying to find out why I have no power to my passenger front window, power lock, climate control, a/c blower, power mirrors, and heated seats. When I go to lock the car occasionally it “locks” and “unlocks” you can hear the motor activate but not enough power. I have checked all the fuses and relays. Any tips or other suggestions on what it could be? Especially from anyone who has had and fixed a similar problem

Old 06-19-2023, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Are you checking the fuse is intact, or are you using a volt meter or test light to test the top posts to see if both sides have power?

Old 06-19-2023, 12:53 PM

Yes I have used every tester I can think of and don’t find anything with the fuses

Old 06-19-2023, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

When you are dealing with multiple problems on multiple systems on a new vehicle to you, you have to treat each component like it is a separate issue. Then work backwards to identify the root cause. You can ask your cousin if these issues happened at the same time, after some repair or accident, etc... to narrow down. I doubt that one item is causing these issues, so I don't suspect someone will have a magic bullet fix.

I'd recommend purchasing the shop manual for your car. You can get it on automanualsource.com for ~$22. It is worth the investment.

I'd start with the blower motor under the glove box. It should have a 2-pin connector that has a wht/blu and a blu/blk wire. The wht/blu wire should light up a 12V test light when you have the blower set to on and the engine running the the clip of the test light is connected to a good ground. The blu/blk should have variable resistance to ground depending on the fan speed setting. So hooking up the clip of the test light to a 12V source, the test light bulb should light up to different brightness when you switch the fan speed on the hvac controls. You want to identify if you are missing power or ground to split the circuit in half. Then you can work backwards until you find the issue.