General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 Honda Accord, Radio & AC Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 10:31 PM
Default 2003 Honda Accord, Radio & AC Not Working

I bought a 2003 honda accord for my son and the radio and Ac not working. The screen is blank just says ( Insert cd ) So I removed and the cd from the dvd Navigation drive in the trunk. Did not help. I put the disc back in and nothing still says same thing. The AC Ac fan works but just hot air from outside it seems like. There is no ac button must be on the display screen i figure. I checked the freon ( refrigerant) and the gauge went into the red. My question is do I need the screen display to use the AC and is that why the gauge on the freon can goes into the red because I am only using the fan motor and not AC. Don't know what to do. I was hoping someone might have or had this problem or similar issue. I would very much appreciate any help/info someone might be able to share with me about my problem. Thanks for you time. Sean

Old 06-12-2021, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Your issues could be unrelated, but it is safe to assume they are related. Have some questions. Did you use an a/c manifold that connects to the high and low pressure port, or a gauge that you can put on the low pressure port? When you tested the a/c pressure, what psi did the gauge show?

For the a/c controls, does your car have the navigation system where the a/c is controlled on the touchscreen?

Old 06-13-2021, 10:01 PM

I used a gauge that connected to the low pressure valve, and it was in the high red. Not sure what the number was i forget. I don't know if the controls are a touch screen because when i bought the car the display was not working. I assume it has navigation because there is a dvd in the trunk with a navigation disc in the dvd player. I took the disc out and put it back in to try to fix the radio because it says insert disc. I can't figure out what the issue. I do appreciate anymore info/help you might have regarding this issue. Thank you for you help..

Old 06-16-2021, 11:10 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Was the car on when you check the pressure of the a/c? It doesn't matter which radio you have it can be controlled by the buttons. Either way, pressures are not supposed to be in the red. You need to get manifold gauges to measure properly.

The insert disc is common. More than likely your DVD Drive needs to be repaired or replaced. You have separate issues going on. You need to address one at a time. I would suggest you a/c first.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:57 PM

Yes I had the car on and the ac/fan on high when i checked it with the gauge.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It could also be related to the AC pressure switch, the expansion valve, the evaporator, or the dryer. Is your fan motor working correctly. You need manifolds to TS the system correctly.