General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 Accord left rear door wont lock/unlock, already replaced actuator

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 04:58 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2006 Accord left rear door wont lock/unlock, already replaced actuator

Hey guys,
I have a 2006 Accord EX w/nav and V6.
The left rear power door lock abruptly stopped locking and unlocking with either the remote, or the drivers door switch.
All other doors work perfectly, lock and unlock with remote, using the key in the door, or the drivers door lock on drivers door.
I can manually unlock and lock the door with the **** without any issue and the door opens, closes and latches perfect.
So, of course, everything I read stated that the door lock actuator must have failed so I bought a new one from Honda and installed it today. Much to my disappointment, no difference at all. Doesn't make any sound at all when you lock and unlock the door.
Every other door works perfect....
Any suggestions, as it seem like there is no power going to the actuator.

Old 04-03-2022, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Hopefully the door panel is still off.

The next step is to test wiring. The actuator should have a yel/blk and yel wire going to it. Use a test light connected to ground (a bare metal bolt). Unplug the actuator connector. When you hit lock, the yel/blk should get 12V for a second. When you hit unlock, the yel wire should get 12V for a second. The opposite wire gets ground when you lock/unlock. The voltage check should be enough to narrow down which wire.

Once you figure out which wire(s) is missing voltage, trace the wires through the door and through the hinge. I suspect a broken wire where the harness bends at the door hinge, but the wire harness could be damaged inside the door too. You definitely should test first.

Old 09-25-2023, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Wingdreamer
Hey guys,
I have a 2006 Accord EX w/nav and V6.
The left rear power door lock abruptly stopped locking and unlocking with either the remote, or the drivers door switch.
All other doors work perfectly, lock and unlock with remote, using the key in the door, or the drivers door lock on drivers door.
I can manually unlock and lock the door with the **** without any issue and the door opens, closes and latches perfect.
So, of course, everything I read stated that the door lock actuator must have failed so I bought a new one from Honda and installed it today. Much to my disappointment, no difference at all. Doesn't make any sound at all when you lock and unlock the door.
Every other door works perfect....
Any suggestions, as it seem like there is no power going to the actuator.

Hello,
I have same issue with rear door. Changed door actuator still it is not working.
Have you found fix for the same ?
Thanks