General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2007 Accord Passenger Door Not Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 05:09 PM
Cool 2007 Accord Passenger Door Not Unlock

My 2007 Honda accord has a new problem suddenly. The key-fob does not open the doors other than the driver's. It does Lock all doors though. It also opens trunk. The door unlock (and lock) works fine from driver and passenger door panel.
So the only part that does not seem to work are:
1. Doors unlocking using key fob (double click on unlock), other than driver's.
2. The windows rolling down using keyfob (pressing twice and holding unlock), that is when I discovered the unlock is also not working.
3. Sometimes all doors lock automatically when I put ignition on (can't tell exactly what sequence of activities causes it. Not always)
Note: The passenger door actuator was changed about 3 months ago. Everything was ok after that though. The above issue is since last few days only.
I am the original owner of this car and this baby is otherwise smooth as she was on day one. 115K miles only.

Old 06-04-2021, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Have you tried replacing the key fob battery or using a different key fob?

Old 07-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Default Update?

Originally Posted by sujit
My 2007 Honda accord has a new problem suddenly. The key-fob does not open the doors other than the driver's. It does Lock all doors though. It also opens trunk. The door unlock (and lock) works fine from driver and passenger door panel.
So the only part that does not seem to work are:
1. Doors unlocking using key fob (double click on unlock), other than driver's.
2. The windows rolling down using keyfob (pressing twice and holding unlock), that is when I discovered the unlock is also not working.
3. Sometimes all doors lock automatically when I put ignition on (can't tell exactly what sequence of activities causes it. Not always)
Note: The passenger door actuator was changed about 3 months ago. Everything was ok after that though. The above issue is since last few days only.
I am the original owner of this car and this baby is otherwise smooth as she was on day one. 115K miles only.
Was checking in to see if you solved this? Or if anyone had ideas on how to best begin to troubleshoot it? This describes my problem exactly. Only my Accord has 245,000 miles on it.

I have replaced the battery in the fob and tested the second fob to the same result. Also checked fuses 7 & 8. Also when turning the key once in the door handle, the driver’s door unlocks, but turning a second time does not unlock the other doors. Seems like it’s not fob related, but somewhere else. Switch on driver’s door does unlock all doors. Thanks!

Last edited by Happy2Honda; 07-26-2024 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 07-26-2024, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Happy2Honda
Was checking in to see if you solved this? Or if anyone had ideas on how to best begin to troubleshoot it? This describes my problem exactly. Only my Accord has 245,000 miles on it.

I have replaced the battery in the fob and tested the second fob to the same result. Also checked fuses 7 & 8. Also when turning the key once in the door handle, the driver’s door unlocks, but turning a second time does not unlock the other doors. Seems like it’s not fob related, but somewhere else. Switch on driver’s door does unlock all doors. Thanks!
im having the same issue on a 2006 accord. I replaced the master driver door switch (MCU) but that didn’t fix it.

Old 07-26-2024, 04:28 PM

Let me know if you figure it out

Old 07-28-2024, 11:37 AM

Yes. I had the Driver door actuator replaced by Honda. That did it.

Old 07-28-2024, 10:12 PM

Actuator, not the master switch in the door handle with the door locks and window buttons?