General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2007 Honda Accord SE Replaced Climate Control - Need Help to Program

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 05:40 PM
Default 2007 Honda Accord SE Replaced Climate Control - Need Help to Program

Replaced climate control/radio assembly on 2007 Honda Accord SE. I have the radio code and serial number for the old and new one, respectively. How do I program the new one so that my climate control communicates with my computer? Please provide step by step instructions. I know absolutely nothing about this stuff.

Old 06-19-2021, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

I think that the radio will ask for the code when you start the car and turn the radio on. Use the channel presets to enter the code and the radio should work.

I don't think you need to do anything for the climate control to work.

Old 06-20-2021, 12:53 PM

I already put the code in for the new radio and it works. However, the climate control is not communicating with the computer. It just blows air at high speed and no buttons are operational. I think it needs to be programmed since it isn't the original climate control which is tied to VIN number. How do I program it?

Old 06-20-2021, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

It doesn't look like you need to program the hvac unit on an 07 accord. Are you sure you have an 07 and not an 08?

Does your radio have a navigation screen, or just a regular radio? Is this a 4-cyl or V6 accord?

Were you having the same problem with the original stereo/hvac unit?

If you go to the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum, there is a link for 03-07 accords to read hvac codes. That may help identify a potential issue.

Old 06-20-2021, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

The 2007 Accord SE has what Honda considers manual HVAC, not climate control (auto). There is a big difference in the electrical circuits between manual HVAC and climate control (auto). One big difference is that manual HVAC is not part of the Multiplex Control System; not to mention certain sensors which climate control has vs. manual HVAC which does not have. Regardless, with either HVAC system, there is no programming involved.

Last edited by redbull-1; 06-20-2021 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2021, 03:11 PM

Thanks for that detailed explanation!! The blower motor circuit is fully functional and working as advertised.

I know this since all speeds work with old radio installed.

My AC compressor does not spin although the entire circuit is good.

A very qualified technician diagnosed the issue as faulty manual HVAC control unit (proper name?).

I replaced it but it isn’t the exact part number. The blue and green connectors plug in but controls don’t work.

Replace with same part number as old one to resolve issue?

Replacement radio from Factory Radio.

Originally Posted by redbull-1
The 2007 Accord SE has what Honda considers manual HVAC, not climate control (auto). There is a big difference in the electrical circuits between manual HVAC and climate control (auto). One big difference is that manual HVAC is not part of the Multiplex Control System; not to mention certain sensors which climate control has vs. manual HVAC which does not have. Regardless, with either HVAC system, there is no programming involved.

Old 06-20-2021, 04:04 PM

Thanks for the quick response! I definitely have a 2007 Honda Accord SE. No navigation screen. Just a regular radio. V6 engine.

All of the controls work just fine on the original radio but the compressor does not spin when you press AC. Technician narrowed the problem down to control unit via a troubleshooting procedure.

When I plug in the replacement radio (which isn't the same exact part number!) the radio works just fine but none of the controls are functional (nor do they illuminate) and the system just blows hot air at the highest speed.

Entire AC system is fully charged with freon and no leaks. All relays and fuses are good. Everything works as it should with the exception of the compressor actually spinning.

Old 06-20-2021, 04:10 PM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! The part number for replacement radio is different than the one originally installed. The blue and green connectors plug in just fine but none of the HVAC controls function.

Would you suggest replacement of radio with original part number as a solution?

Old 06-20-2021, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

The part number in your photo is for the radio tuner (#3 in parts diagram) which is different than the Audio-HVAC display module part number (#7); it can be used in your Accord. Maybe use the replacement tuner with your original Audio-HVAC display module? Did your original HVAC system work before the replacement?

Last edited by redbull-1; 06-20-2021 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Did you make sure you got the same system. You will only have this problem if you installed a dual zone on a single zone system.

Quick Reply: 2007 Honda Accord SE Replaced Climate Control - Need Help to Program