General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2008 Honda coupe Ex-L v6 6 speed manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Default 2008 Honda coupe Ex-L v6 6 speed manual

Hey all, I'm new to this and new to the accord. Just looking for some help.

I just picked up my 08 accord from the honda dealer about a week ago, it has 34K miles and is the Honda Accord EX-L V6 6 speed manual transmission. I am wondering if anyone has experienced any of these issues and wether it is normal.

1 When I just got it for the 1st two days the gear changing was pretty smooth and efffortless, I could literally use my finger tips and push the gears into place, now after a few days it "seems" that I need to put a little more effort, I actually have to hold the gear stick and push/pull it into gear. I am not sure if it is because I just got used to the car why this seems to be happening.

2 Whenever i'm off the clutch, even if the sole of my foot is just bearly touching it, I can feel the smallest of movement on it (nothing significant) it would seem as if something is just barely touching the metal and giving it a slight vibration, it is almost like a bee humming and the vibrations you would get from that.

3 I found out that when I gave this car a kick from say starting at zero, it always tends to give me some movements like it is twisting at the front, I am not sure if this is because of the shear power of the car when accelerating from zero.

If anyone could assist me with these questions i'll be glad. Thanks

Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 AM

This is the Car

Attached Thumbnails 2008 Honda coupe Ex-L v6 6 speed manual-img00496-20101204-1114.jpg  
Old 12-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Administrator
Lightbulb Hello New Member

Thanks for joining the HAF..I moved you to this forum because you posted it in the incorrect forum..This is the help forum your in now...the other was just the introduction forum Only!

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails 2008 Honda coupe Ex-L v6 6 speed manual-securedownload1.jpg  
Old 12-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Your description suggests the clutch is not fully disengaging when pressed, resulting in additional effort for synchronizers to cause gear engagement. The problem may be leaking clutch master and/or slave cylinder. Try pumping the clutch and see if that helps. If yes, then a leak is likely.

Check fluid level and see if it's lowered. If yes, then primary sources of leak are master and slave cylinder (squeeze end boots). It is also possible to have an internal leak in master cylinder that will reduce clutch effectiveness.

Fix is replacement of the master or slave cylinder, if that is the problem.

good luck

Old 12-12-2010, 11:56 AM

When you say pump the clutch should I pump it before changing gears? And what am I looking for? Is it that I should look if it changes more easily after this pumping action? Its a certified car so if theres a problem i'll just take it back to the honda dealer.

Thanks for the heads up too.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Originally Posted by Yardie08
When you say pump the clutch should I pump it before changing gears? And what am I looking for? Is it that I should look if it changes more easily after this pumping action? Its a certified car so if theres a problem i'll just take it back to the honda dealer.

Thanks for the heads up too.
Yes, car may shift better by pumping the clutch. I would return to honda dealer, as there could be other faults, such as worn, warped clutch plate.

good luck